‘Elden Ring: Shadow Of The Erdtree’ At ‘Mixed’ Reviews on Steam Because It’s Too Hard

samoth

6 Jun 2024
LMAO I remember they were crying about the same thing when Sekiro came out, until they released an "easy mode" mod.
I imagine that the elden ring mod does not work for this DLC?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Jim Ryan
OP
OP
Jim Ryan

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
This game has 4.81 rating on PSN. It is always pc player who did review bombing. They will gave lowest rating possible just because the game run at 55 fps instead of 60 fps on their mid-range pc.
Massive entitlement and arrogance, that is what pc gaming has become.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Some real points in the reviews there.
The game has some design problems. It's just designed to be an ass to the palyer.

I knew what I would get into so I skipped buying it for now altogether after watching some streams.
I saw few situations that I didn't like:
-You fight a naked dude with claws. he is naked. You are fully armored level 150-200. He 2-3 combo kills you, you hit him for 2% of his health. you have 2k health, he has like 50k. This random naked dude has more health than radagon and elden beast together. It's just nonsense. At least put some armor on him.
-Lion boss. Infinite stamina, hard to read attacks (a bit too hard because of the camera too). Less health than that random naked dude lol but still hits like a tank.
-Every enemy, like the dancing guys you meet first got tons of health and infinite stamina.

The problem is believability to me. You are level 200. You beat ELDEN FUCKING BEAST AND RADAGON. Now suddenly you are an idiot with 2k hp while everyone else got 50-100k. Yours and them attack both hit for around 1k.

So while I've not played the dlc, I think putting all negative reviews into "git gud" category is not really fair.
Without being able to critique games, we can never improve.
I had issues with elden ring endgame and last few bosses too and nobody listened.

edit: My fav part of from software games is lore, exploration, collecting gear, uncovering new places and new enemies... and often bosses just stand in your way of doing that. There is more to games than just hard streamer bosses. Lies of P made the same mistake in the endgame.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
How is the game running on PS5? Haven't decide if I'll just buy the DLC on PC or get the complete disc version for PS5.

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022

big-daddy-miyazaki-v0-a4jxqfit9enc1.jpg

2spooky5me

12 May 2024
I mean, I have no stake in this horse-race (I think that's the phrase?), but I think it's extremely ironic how "hard game is hard", and now it's too hard, lol!
But FR, the melt-down from journalists and pathetic review bombing on STEAM is incredibly petty. They all knew what they were signing up for...

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
People were warned about this. You cant just walk into the DLC thinking your level 400+ can stroll through it.
Git gud or stfu

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
But From DLC is notoriously difficult, always significantly harder than the base game. I thought people knew this?

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
Anyone else just tired of the childish review bombing on steam anytime they dislike a single thing. Its like a hive mind there like with the PSN requirement, they bombed Helldivers and went to hell and back to get refunds even though they clearly loved it with hundreds of hours. Next if from did fold, they won’t, they’ll be articles of review bombing favorably

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
But From DLC is notoriously difficult, always significantly harder than the base game. I thought people knew this?
Pprvious souls each sold like 1-3mil max.
This sold 25mil. Tons of new players

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Anyone else just tired of the childish review bombing on steam anytime they dislike a single thing. Its like a hive mind there like with the PSN requirement, they bombed Helldivers and went to hell and back to get refunds even though they clearly loved it with hundreds of hours. Next if from did fold, they won’t, they’ll be articles of review bombing favorably

From won't fold. They don't care about steam review scores.

• haha
Reactions: samoth

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I wonder if someone counted frames on rellana boss fight.
The time to react before sword swings is SO TINY. Looks like single digit amount of frames. Sword up - delay delay delay and then the sword is in your ass.
Proper animations should have a wind up, so you can react. At least few of her attacks look like that from what I've seen on happy hob stream. the guy been no hitting these games for 10 years and he is furious with the dlc lol. I mean, he is joking around but also I can see he is really mad :p

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
At least they can cheat on PC 😭

I hope the backlash is so fierce From does something about it. I'm level 178 and I'm scared of starting the DLC 😭
I take back what I said. I played hours yesterday and I don't feel like it's that much harder than the base game?

Maybe because I was so well prepared? I'm using the Blasphemous Blade and Sacred Relic and I'm tearing through these bitches like the superior human being I am 💪

You have to use the Scadutree blessing to have better stats. PC people probably didn't understand that 😅