Embracer Group's bloodbath continues as Tomb Raider dev Crystal Dynamics reports layoffs

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Lol, it was only ten people. Cry me a damn river, Hershey's closed a small chip factory in North Dakota the other day and over twice as many people lost their jobs. Where's their fucking thread.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I don't know man, the Jim Ryan hate boner people have seems way out of whack.

Headline: 'PS5 sales up 200% year on year in August!"
Iconera users: Fire that clown 😭

I don't play console sales, I play games. From a capitalistic standpoint he's doing great: he's increasing prices, expanding the market, and releasing console adjacent products that people may care. From a gaming perspective, it's becoming very barren.

But until he has dickriders like you and Yurinka cheering on console sales and live service shit this discussion won't move on.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I don't play console sales, I play games. From a capitalistic standpoint he's doing great: he's increasing prices, expanding the market, and releasing console adjacent products that people may care. From a gaming perspective, it's becoming very barren.

But until he has dickriders like you and Yurinka cheering on console sales and live service shit this discussion won't move on.
Exactly. Console sales breaking records is only good insofar as that leads to more investment in great games. Jim Ryan era is still a questionmark with the dubious investments into live services. If Jim is trying to turn Sony into the next EA then all the console sales in the world or popularity won't make the ps6 enticing to me.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Exactly. Console sales breaking records is only good insofar as that leads to more investment in great games. Jim Ryan era is still a questionmark with the dubious investments into live services. If Jim is trying to turn Sony into the next EA then all the console sales in the world or popularity won't make the ps6 enticing to me.

I forgot to add - He also increased Plus prices and bar the early pushback, it seems people have forgotten it. What I can't forget is that in 2023 they released more PC ports than actual SP games. They released 1 game + 1 DLC, while they released 3 ports.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I don't know man, the Jim Ryan hate boner people have seems way out of whack.

Headline: 'PS5 sales up 200% year on year in August!"
Iconera users: Fire that clown 😭

7h5e1j.jpg

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023

Until we're cheering it on?

More sales = more support = more games I want to play.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Lol, it was only ten people. Cry me a damn river, Hershey's closed a small chip factory in North Dakota the other day and over twice as many people lost their jobs. Where's their fucking thread.
Why don't you start it, if it is SOOOOO important to you? Or go help them find new jobs,, that would be an act that has value, a first for you, I am sure.