English Kiryu voice test from Anime Expo (It's BAD....)

TwistedSyn

10 Jul 2022
As we found out recently Yongyea will be playing Kiryu in The Man Who Erased His Name and he did a reading recently at Anime Expo. I knew it was gonna be bad but, good lord this is worse than I thought. Even the voice actor from Like a Dragon did a way better job with Kiryu.

Top is from Like a Dragon. Bottom is The Man Who Erased His Name.

• haha
Reactions: anonpuffs

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
As we found out recently Yongyea will be playing Kiryu in The Man Who Erased His Name and he did a reading recently at Anime Expo. I knew it was gonna be bad but, good lord this is worse than I thought. Even the voice actor from Like a Dragon did a way better job with Kiryu.

Top is from Like a Dragon. Bottom is The Man Who Erased His Name.

Me, upon hearing that:

giphy.gif

• haha
Reactions: Box and Nhomnhom

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Good luck with your purchase Microsoft, we will not be objecting.

Straight Face Trying Not To Laugh GIF

Reactions: Box

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
You tubers and influencers must be stopped. These guys are taking jobs from pros without having as much talent just because they are popular.
Eh, there are some YouTubers who are genuinely great voice actors. ProZD, for example.

I just have no idea how Yong keeps getting some of the roles he does. I have a friend who's a voice actor, he took classes under Sonny Strait, he did the whole grind doing background voices, getting slightly bigger parts over the last couple years, but Yong just walks in with no experience or training and is landing leading roles that he just doesn't fit.

Something's weird there.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Eh, there are some YouTubers who are genuinely great voice actors. ProZD, for example.

I just have no idea how Yong keeps getting some of the roles he does. I have a friend who's a voice actor, he took classes under Sonny Strait, he did the whole grind doing background voices, getting slightly bigger parts over the last couple years, but Yong just walks in with no experience or training and is landing leading roles that he just doesn't fit.

Something's weird there.

It's the culture about having more followers and views as a form of validation over the quality of your work.

Next thing you know MrBeast will be Great of Rivia.

BlueLyria

Icon Extra
29 Apr 2023
As expected, Yong doesn't have a Kiryu voice, soulda never been recast.

Reactions: Box

Ronin714

3 Jul 2022
London
From a guy who bought every Yakuza/LAD/Judgment game physical, Im definitely gonna skip this. I usually play with Japanese VO anyway but this horrible voice acting is definitely a franchise killer. Im also skipping because it’s a digital release only.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
From a guy who bought every Yakuza/LAD/Judgment game physical, Im definitely gonna skip this. I usually play with Japanese VO anyway but this horrible voice acting is definitely a franchise killer. Im also skipping because it’s a digital release only.
Physical in EU and JP if i am not mistaken.

Reactions: Ronin714

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
YongYeah isnt bad. he did good in jojos stone ocean imo
This voice is terrible. Not a good fit at all. He has to slow down his speech pattern and artificially lower & soften his voice to maintain it, but the moment he has to get loud his voice raises an entire octave and cracks. It's just plain miscast.