Europe Sales Data for May: Switch Up 40% YoY, PS5 Up 81% YoY, Xbox: Down 16% YoY

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Yes… and down compared to last month, April.
Are you making up a claim ou you have a source?
Because in no place in the article it says PS5 May is down compared with PS5 April.

Edit - That doesn't change anything at all (nobody knows if it is down or up MoM)... PS5 is UP in May in EU and down in May in UK... so the chances to be down worldwide is pretty mininal with the only exception having US May way down compared with last year to the point to cover EU up.

Last edited:
24 Jun 2022
Huh, looks like the downturn in UK sales might not be indicative of an overall trend. Could be good news, or could be stock priority shifting

Given they're up 81% across Europe as a whole, very safe to assume the latter. The only way it could be the former is if we see a similar downturn for PS5 in the US because IIRC those two markets tend to mirror each other quite a lot for both platforms.

And even if it does also happen in the US, I'm still willing to say it's a stock priority issue more than anything else.

It’s not only UK. PS sales were down worldwide in May due to TOTK.

Down compared to what? Down by how much?

You're in a thread showing PS sales are up 81% in May across Europe. Last I checked, Europe is still on planet Earth.

Xbox is not being considered as a viable alternative and given a chance because it's not and hasn't been for 7-8 years straight.

The U.S hasn't caught up yet with the same speed but obviously the home market gives them some home cooking passes... although fewer and fewer passes are given after each fuck up. That a 1080p box makes the majority of the sales of Xbox hardware in 2023 says it all really. There is only one Nintendo, and they hop between wild success and total flops.

Actually Xbox has been tracking at OG Xbox levels here in the US, so I think the message is getting received even here.

And if it's tracking at OG Xbox levels in the US and UK, then at best it's doing similar worldwide. Which is not a lot of hardware being moved whatsoever.

Yes… and down compared to last month, April.

You literally cannot read market data 🤣

Reactions: ethomaz

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
ghost and adamsapple still crying? I have them blocked but I can hear their cries through the ignore function.

Seriously guys, you do know they're here to troll and nothing but? Just put them on ignore and maybe they'll realize there's a life outside of video games and go do something with their lives.

Honestly, never understood adults like that. Why waste time on trolling? Is your existence so miserable?

OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I'm scared for Xbox
Nah, if anything it's taking too long to die.

MS is now releasing their game simultaneously on Xbox/PC and charging more on Xbox... at that point they should have the decency to kill their console.

Disbistayds1

5 Jun 2023
Number 2 in UK after previously being one, selling half of what it sold it Japan months ago….
You said worldwide. Japan is obvious due to stock shortages no shit it’s down from previous 4 months. Xbox sells 200 consoles a week in Japan now. Guess you forgot about that. It’s literally getting outsold by the ps4 4/1 monthly. But let’s not talk about that huh. UK last may had a lot of stock unlike the other months. Europe shows it didn’t much stock last year, which lines up. Ps5 doing barely less than the switch in TOTK month isn’t bad when nothing released for ps5 in may that’s significant.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Nice! So UK had been the anomaly last month interesting. Their sales have tapered off in Spain, so I wonder if they have finally started shifting Units to Germany now.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
You said worldwide. Japan is obvious due to stock shortages no shit it’s down from previous 4 months. Xbox sells 200 consoles a week in Japan now. Guess you forgot about that. It’s literally getting outsold by the ps4 4/1 monthly. But let’s not talk about that huh. UK last may had a lot of stock unlike the other months. Europe shows it didn’t much stock last year, which lines up. Ps5 doing barely less than the switch in TOTK month isn’t bad when nothing released for ps5 in may that’s significant.
Yeah, Norway got so little PS5 in 2021, 2022, always outsold.
SS, SX, no problem to find. Shit is everywhere, even manage outsell PS5 because there was little to non PS5 allocation.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Most normies loved the showcase, for some really weird reason people in internet forums were all pessimistic

Probably because most people don’t really differentiate between sony first party and 3rd party games. To them if its at a showcase or has a sony logo at the end of the ad its a playstation game

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Most normies loved the showcase, for some really weird reason people in internet forums were all pessimistic
Normies don't watch showcase, general sentiment was that it was terrible. Please, face reality.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Normies don't watch showcase, general sentiment was that it was terrible. Please, face reality.
That's just not true. But there was a lot more negative sentiment than usual, around 15% dislikes compared to a more normal 5%
Screenshot_20230609_211917.jpg

Reactions: Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

The Spiderman trailer got 10 million views, most comments on the showcase were positive

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
The Spiderman trailer got 10 million views, most comments on the showcase were positive

21 million

D9-FA78-BD-97-E3-4-B63-B514-AED17-ADD21-A4.jpg

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Actually the general sentiment was very positive.
Most don't live in your bubble.

For example for me PS show way vastly better than Summer Fest because it has more new game announcements... Summer Fest was just new traillers for things we alreayd know 🤷‍♂️

That means publishers takes PS show way more serious than Summer Fest show.