European Monthly Charts #1 PS5 +244% #2 Switch -9% (over July last year) #3 Xbox -%?

Ludwig

9 Feb 2023
Captureuk.PNG
Source - gamesindustry.biz
11.6 million console and PC games were sold in July across Europe, up 34% over the same period in 2022.

Digital downloads represented nearly 7.9 million of that (up 60%), while physical was 3.75 million (up 0.2%).
The highest charting new game was Nintendo Switch exclusive Pikmin 4 at No.11 (please note, Nintendo first-party games do not include digital download figures). It may not look like a particularly strong debut, but for the first two weeks on the market, Pikmin 4 sales are up 81% compared with what Pikmin 3: Deluxe managed in October 2020.

Nintendo Switch finished the month in second place, with sales down 9% compared with July 2022. Year-to-date, Nintendo Switch sales are flat compared with 2022.
PS5 comfortably led the month in Europe, with console sales up 244% over July last year. There were strong price promotions on PS5 in July, and as a result sales were also up 24% over June. Overall, year-to-date PS5 sales are up 203% across the tracked territories.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Where is @ethomaz who SWORE FF16 wouldn't appear on anymore charts? Now he will say "its only 20th" 😂 Most of these games were on very deep discounts too, NBA 2K23 was only $3

OP
OP
Ludwig

Ludwig

9 Feb 2023
Chris must have dropped the xbox numbers behind his couch. Hopefully he finds them.

Angry Who Is This GIF by Team Coco

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
PS5 +244% up while Switch and Xbox are down. And some people still say that PlayStation is doomed, that it has no games and that Jimbo and Hermen are incompetent xDD

Wtf, GTA5 being number 1. I wonder who keeps buying it.

Chris must have dropped the xbox numbers behind his couch. Hopefully he finds them.
Maybe his dog ate them. xD

Last edited:

sugarbetik

Banned
30 Jun 2023
That FFXVI placement is a bad news for SE because unlike other titles, it was released later than most of them. Their 18 months plan for consistent sales aren't going to happen at this rate.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023

Someone should ask him why he didn't provide Xbox numbers? I can't even imagine that Xbox would ask him not do to provide numbers? Can they do that?

sugarbetik

Banned
30 Jun 2023
Where is @ethomaz who SWORE FF16 wouldn't appear on anymore charts? Now he will say "its only 20th" 😂 Most of these games were on very deep discounts too, NBA 2K23 was only $3
Game that was released on June 22nd is already trailing behind the older games isn't a good thing. It has weaker leg than other mainline FF games.

Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
If you can't undestand how bad it is then I can't help you.
The ranking includes digital and a game like FFXVI is already near out of the chart just in it second month even with PS5 hardware (new owners) exploding.

Dorukhan842

5 Aug 2023
Xbox without a percentage decrease must be absolutely dire LOL

FFXVI just barely hanging on in 20th when it had only eight days in the month before is pretty weak, can't imagine Square is truly happy with this

Reactions: Vertigo

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Game that was released on June 22nd is already trailing behind the older games isn't a good thing. It has weaker leg than other mainline FF games.
Older games that are $3-$20*. This doesn’t have weaker legs than 15. Game supposedly sold 5m first week and then took 7+ more years to sell 10m lol 🤣 I bet FF16 is 10m by end of 2024. Nice try though
If you can't undestand how bad it is then I can't help you.
The ranking includes digital and a game like FFXVI is already near out of the chart just in it second month even with PS5 hardware (new owners) exploding.
lol you can’t help me? 😂🤣 Maybe try to help yourself, you said it would DISAPPEAR ENTIRELY from all lists. Clearly isn’t the case. $70 game being outsold by $3-$20 games isn’t an L because it’ll continue to be in the top 20 and those games will all be gone.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
lol you can’t help me? 😂🤣 Maybe try to help yourself, you said it would DISAPPEAR ENTIRELY from all lists. Clearly isn’t the case. $70 game being outsold by $3-$20 games isn’t an L because it’ll continue to be in the top 20 and those games will all be gone.
So it missed to disapear for 1 place lol
My point holds corectlly.