PS5 - 1.50M (-23%)
NSW - 0.78M (-32%)
XBS - 0.21M (-38%)

EU Hardware YTD (June 2024)

PS5 - 1.3M (-16%)
NSW - 0.7M (-32%)
XBS - 0.2M (-37%)

As usual:
Console hardware sales cover Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Italy, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

Last edited:

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
GVygKotXEAAdkRS

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Xbox is dead outside of the US and UK.

The only reason why they haven't already announced Halo for PS5 is because they want to keep selling inventory. They'll go with Starfield and Forza Horizon first, but eventually Halo will come and that will probably be enough to send Xbox consumes over the edge.

Right now even in diminished numbers they're still buying in the US.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I won’t talk about others failures…

But PS5 sales are lower than what PS consoles normally to in Europe even in it 4th year.
Europe sales is dragging any chance of PA5 selling more than PS4.
I mean the drop in Europe is so bit that even with PS5 doing better in US and Asia it is still behind overall.

It needs a price cut there and not rise.
That 50 price in Europe was a killer move against PlayStation there.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I won’t talk about others failures…

But PS5 sales are lower than what PS consoles normally to in Europe even in it 4th year.
I mean the drop in Europe is so bit that even with PS5 doing better in US and Asia it is still behind overall.

Definitely true about PS5 sales.

Combination of cost of living/inflation and the PS5 price.

The PS5 needs a price drop and time to release the PS5 Pro.

Many people are waiting for a price drop and the Pro.

24 Jun 2022
I was actually googling buying a Sega Saturn today. I've a Landstalker itch to play Dark Saviour. I doubt 28 years time people will look for an Xbox Series X

Do it if you can find a system at a reasonable price. They tend to be, specifically Japanese models, but then you might want to look into one of those SD card mods if you're weary of using discs that could wear down the drive.

Or a mod chip to play Saturn games from other regions. Usually for physical, the Japanese versions are way cheaper than the Western releases, but I dunno if there's anything like a text hooker for patched translations on original hardware. You'd have to rip an ISO of your copy and patch a translation, re-burn it then run that on a modified Japanese system.

But yeah, to the other point, no Xbox system beyond the OG or 360 will have any sort of nostalgia to it. Series S & X are already forgotten by the majority and the gen's only halfway over!

• Heart
Reactions: Muddasar and arvfab

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

PS5 is way more expensive than previous PS consoles were at this point.

They couldn't price cut it and instead had to increase prices because its costs grew over time instead of reducing over time as happened in other consoles.

Plus there has been a huge inflation in Europe, an economical crisis (even more with the sanctions to Russia) and on top of that there has been consoles shortages.

They can't and apparently won't be able to reduce costs from hardware. So have to reduce costs and increase profitability from everywhere else to compensate it and hopefully be able to price cut it in the future compensating the loses from selling hardware (which would be higher if price cutted) with profit from somewhere else.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
Price wouldn't be an issue if the PS5 was a must own console. But the dumbasses at Sony decided to port their games to PC so 🤷‍♂️

The general market doesn't care about PC ports. Price absolutely is the main issue here. It has only gotten more expensive since launch.

Reactions: Johnic

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Price wouldn't be an issue if the PS5 was a must own console. But the dumbasses at Sony decided to port their games to PC so 🤷‍♂️
Absolutely. They are celebrating their legacy with Astrobot and the 30th celebration but their legacy can be played on a SteamDeck, advertised with Nvida cards and played with Xbox controllers 🤡

It's even more apparent they lost their way.

Reactions: Puff and arvfab

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
How much is that PS5 equivalent PC again and how do you convince a casual to buy a PC?

This has nothing to do with PC and everything to do with launching during a global pandemic that caused MASSIVE supply shortages and the following economic issues that caused a price increase in everything, including living cost and the price of materials used to make these consoles.

Reactions: gokuss4

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
How much is that PS5 equivalent PC again and how do you convince a casual to buy a PC?

This has nothing to do with PC and everything to do with launching during a global pandemic that caused MASSIVE supply shortages and the following economic issues that caused a price increase in everything, including living cost and the price of materials used to make these consoles.
I would say around 1000. How do you convince a casual? Easy. You need a PC anyway so spend a little more and make it a gaming PC. Take that PS5 money, you don't need it anymore, and put it towards your PC build. Now you have a PC and a PlayStation and an Xbox all in one.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters