European Sales YTD July 2024 - PS5 1.5 million, Switch 780k and Xbox 210k

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
You should have a look at Germany and how they care.

I am from Germany and used to work at retail (Saturn) till last year. Yeah PC gaming is big here but so is console gaming. A lot of people are waiting for a price drop more than anything else. A 299€ or even 399€ PS5 would sell a lot more regardless of PC ports.

Last edited:

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
I would say around 1000. How do you convince a casual? Easy. You need a PC anyway so spend a little more and make it a gaming PC. Take that PS5 money, you don't need it anymore, and put it towards your PC build. Now you have a PC and a PlayStation and an Xbox all in one.

You don't need a PC for casual use anymore. A ton of people have replaced their PC's/Laptops with smartphones and tablets.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I am from Germany and used to work at retail (Saturn) till last year. Yeah PC gaming is big here but so is console gaming. A lot of people are waiting for a price drop more than anything else. A 299€ or even 399€ PS5 would sell a lot more regardless of PC ports.

Of course a price drop would help, but without it, you have a lot of people here saying "everything is coming to PC anyway, no need to get a console for it".