Fable is targeting a Q4 2025 release and Gears of War: E-Day is targeting 2025.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Gears-of-War-Fable-Remaster.jpg

From The Verge latest Notepad:

King’s appearance had me smiling from the start, alongside the subtle sarcasm and British humor throughout. Fable’s developer, Playground Games, is best known for the Forza Horizon series that always pushes the visual limits of the Xbox hardware, and it looks like it’s going to do the same here. Sources tell me Microsoft is currently targeting Fable to release between October and December 2025, so it could still be another 18 months away.
Microsoft didn’t put a date or release window on Gears of War: E-Day**, but a few months back, I’d heard it was targeting a release in 2025 — ahead of even** Fable. That may have changed by now, so the lack of a release window gives The Coalition some breathing room here. Either way, I don’t think we’ll have to wait too long to see how Gears can really push the Xbox Series S / X consoles.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Targeting fall 2025 after being in development, what, five years? What is going on with Microsoft?

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Targeting 2025 for E-Day and what was shown was CGI trailer. Targeting 2025 for Fable but all was shown of gameplay was walking. Best of luck to these two games but both look more like 2026 to me.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
highly doubt gears launches next year it didn’t even have a year target lol

And even Fable sounds like it’s pushing it. Anytime i hear about a 4th quarter release date a year out for the following year i just know its gonna be delayed

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Fable I could see, but Gears? Lol They only showed a CG trailer with no year date. Hell even Perfect Dark had gameplay, and I think that game is also 2026.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Targeting fall 2025 after being in development, what, five years? What is going on with Microsoft?
I don’t think this was in development for 5 years. The Coalition was working on something else and they cancelled it. I think Gears 6 has been in development since 2022.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Isn't GTA6 likely fall 2025? These are probably all going to end up delayed to 2026 to give them more time to work on the PS5 version.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I feel Gears was shown too early. We could see it at 2 more Xbox showcases. Since I think it’s a Fall 2026 title.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Xbox hardware will be lucky to be selling 2 million a year by the time either of these games come out meanwhile ps5 will be pushing close to 20 million a year. Between gamepass the anemic installed base these games wont break even.

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Hoping for the following -

Doom: The Dark Ages (March)
South of Midnight (May/June)
Gears of War: E-Day (September)
Fable (October)
COD 2025 (November)

Works for me if this happens. Gimme, gimme, gimme!!! lol

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Hmm if single player game studios can't make a good GaaS game then how come a racing game studio make an open world rpg. Don't give me the hogwash of them hiring for it, if it was that easy making a good open world rpg then the dime a dozen studios that pop up every year would have been successful. Anyways starfield and forza being mid games was on my bingo list last year, this will be another 7/10 game

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
This means the next Xbox showcase is going to be centered around the same 5-7 games as the last one and everyone will cheer it as the "best ever" again.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz and Entropi

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
This means the next Xbox showcase is going to be centered around the same 5-7 games as the last one and everyone will cheer it as the "best ever" again.

It's been the same thing for over a decade, and people still fall for it.

But, with so many studios bought, they ought to have good years ahead and compete with EA and the other big third-party publishers. That is, until MS culture of mediocrity takes over and destroys all those studios from the inside.

Reactions: ToTTenTranz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Exactly...

While that people keep grading it A, B here in Icon-era when they actually showed only a new single AAA console exclusive* (Gears) and a single new indie consoles exclusive* (won't check the name) 🤷‍♂️

PS show have more new things that won't release on Xbox and launching in 2024.
It even had actual exclusive (Astro) and not just console exclusive.

* Exclusive at the announce time.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me