Fairy Tail 2 announced for PS5, PS4, Switch, and PC (Not releasing for Xbox)

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Iw5Omoz.jpeg

Publisher Koei Tecmo and developer Gust have announced Fairy Tail 2 for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC (Steam). It will launch this holiday.

Here is an overview of the game, via Koei Tecmo:
Fairy Tail 2brings fans back to the epic action of the original series’ climax, the Alvarez Empire Arc. In this new title, players will not only be able to control Natsu and Lucy as main characters, but also other members of the Fairy Tail guild in order to defeat their greatest enemy, Zeref, the Emperor Spriggan of the Alvarez Empire, who is protected by the Spriggan 12 and the Black Dragon, Acnologia.
Fairy Tail 2 features 3D graphics and improved gameplay with more intense and spectacular battles, in which players will use powerful magic and a variety of other strategic elements in order to take down enemies in stunning sequences of action. Players will also be able to explore the vast map seamlessly, enhancing the experience of the original work while furthering the thrilling story of the final chapter.

In addition, the game features “Character Stories,” unique to Fairy Tail 2, which will give players the unprecedented opportunity to discover new aspects of their favorite characters. Fans will also enjoy an original story, the “Key to Hidden Secrets,” that will allow them to experience events taking place after the final battle of the original work!

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
Sure… Sony owns all animes in Marvel vs Capcom collection too?

Anime rights has nothing to do with gaming rights… BTW this Fairy Tail game is licensed from manga not anime.
I think they own the manga as well. My point is this like Ghostbusters.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I think they own the manga as well. My point is this like Ghostbusters.
Manga is owned by Hiro Mshima and the publishing rights is with Kodansha.

Sony only has the publishing rights to anime.
Tecno Koey has the publishing rights to the game.

It is not like Ghostbusters.

BRW Somy only had the game publishing rights of Ghostbusters game in Europe… Terminal Reality owned the publishing rights of the game.

Reactions: Hatefield

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
Manga is owned by Hiro Mshima and the publishing rights is with Kodansha.

Sony only has the publishing rights to anime.
Tecno Koey has the publishing rights to the game.

It is not like Ghostbusters.

BRW Somy only had the game publishing rights of Ghostbusters game in Europe… Terminal Reality owned the publishing rights of the game.
Thanks for the info. Not sure why they skipped the xbox.

24 Jun 2022
I hope their other manga, Eden's Zero, eventually gets a game adaptation (another game adaptation?). Still gotta finish reading that one, it's been pretty fun so far. Haven't read Fairy Tale but IIRC it and Eden's Zero take place in some shared universe thousands of years apart (or is that wrong?).

Thanks for the info. Not sure why they skipped the xbox.

Probably because Bandai-Namco have sales data from other similar games and saw an Xbox version wasn't worth the cost or time.

Last edited:

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
I suspect the reason it's not on Xbox is because Japanese games don't sell very well on xbox and not for any exclusivity deal reason.
Fairy Tail is kind of crappy imo and I heard that the first one was cheaply made, but it being a Gust title and a traditional jrpg instead of an arena fighter/visual novel like most anime video games gives me a sliver of hope.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024

Can I ask why you care about xbox fans being sad they didn't get a game. Let them be sad. It's okay to be disappointed sometimes.
This isn't news on the game or your thoughts on it it's just pointing out someone's disappointed, as if to get people to make fun of them or laugh at them in some kind of gross schadenfreude

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I hope their other manga, Eden's Zero, eventually gets a game adaptation (another game adaptation?). Still gotta finish reading that one, it's been pretty fun so far. Haven't read Fairy Tale but IIRC it and Eden's Zero take place in some shared universe thousands of years apart (or is that wrong?).

Probably because Bandai-Namco have sales data from other similar games and saw an Xbox version wasn't worth the cost or time.
I wonder if capcom and Bandai namco were the publishers that at gamescom this year said they don’t know why they even bother making games for Xbox? Weird to see SE and atlus move in their direction while the other 2 seemingly are moving away.

Reactions: Shadow2027

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
I wonder if capcom and Bandai namco were the publishers that at gamescom this year said they don’t know why they even bother making games for Xbox? Weird to see SE and atlus move in their direction while the other 2 seemingly are moving away.
Atlus and Sega definitely have deals for gamepass ready for all there games hell it wouldn't suprise me if square does too