OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yakuza is still crazy niche

based on the pass work those teams have done or the production quality of their current games. Valkyrie has worked on gow2018, gowr and infamous2nd son that’s high quality work. The founders of firewalk worked at bungie, worked destiny and launched one of its best dlcs, savage is a new studio that’s a shot in the dark. Falcon sales are bad. 2dz + games and that’s the best they can do? Infamous2nd son alone is about equal to that. Hzd alone is more than 3x that. Falcon low production values, bad sales, no major prestige awards.
Good info, thnks.

Reactions: shrike0fth0rns

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yakuza is still crazy niche

Yakuza LAD sold close to 2 million. Thats not so niche anymore.
Niche compared to animal crossing lol but its getting more and more popular
based on the pass work those teams have done or the production quality of their current games. Valkyrie has worked on gow2018, gowr and infamous2nd son that’s high quality work. The founders of firewalk worked at bungie, worked destiny and launched one of its best dlcs, savage is a new studio that’s a shot in the dark. Falcon sales are bad. 2dz + games and that’s the best they can do? Infamous2nd son alone is about equal to that. Hzd alone is more than 3x that. Falcon low production values, bad sales, no major prestige

High quality work they assisted with. Doesnt mean they can make there own games or it will be popular.

Deviation games made cod, doesnt mean its gonna go well. Whereas you know what Falcom is gonna produce. Small but sales. Small but a loyal fanbase you can bring over to you platform.

Im down for concore but Sony needs to start buying studios with already formed IPs. Small and large.

Im down with HZD, but we can do with some smaller ones that release every year.

Its not always about big big games. Sony can afford to so small ones.
Cheap and easy. Its extra games basically

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

High quality work they assisted with. Doesnt mean they can make there own games or it will be popular.

Deviation games made cod, doesnt mean its gonna go well. Whereas you know what Falcom is gonna produce. Small but sales. Small but a loyal fanbase you can bring over to you platform.

Im down for concore but Sony needs to start buying studios with already formed IPs. Small and large.

Helldivers is just such a game.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Helldivers is just such a game.
HellDivers isnt an old Ip with a long time
Fanbase.

Its not exactly anymore popular than Y's or legend of Heroes either.

I really didnt like the first game either. Tried it a good few times with my Destiny team and it was meh

But I guess its a smaller game which I want more of. Id rather they bring earth defense force lol

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
HellDivers isnt an old Ip with a long time
Fanbase.

Its not exactly anymore popular than Y's or legend of Heroes either lol.

I really didnt like the first game either. Tried it a good few times with my Destiny team and it was meh
I'm using Helldivers as an example of a mid budget game and how everything Sony isn't AAA.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022

We know they will be high quality titles. Returnal isn’t popular but we know its quality, same for demon’s souls and other titles but studios Sony picked up. Also bungie and haven are assistant on concord the take also direct the taken king. The game has been through the ps internal vetting process and it’s been vetting by bungie. Who can say what becomes popular but what will be of quality is more easy to discern.

• fire
Reactions: Kokoloko
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
We know they will be high quality titles. Returnal isn’t popular but we know its quality, same for demon’s souls and other titles but studios Sony picked up. Also bungie and haven are assistant on concord the take also direct the taken king. The game has been through the ps internal vetting process and it’s been vetting by bungie. Who can say what becomes popular but what will be of quality is more easy to discern.
True.