Fallout 4 next gen update releases on April 25th

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

FO4_HEnclaveRemnants_0401_02.png

Fallout 4 upgrades are coming to next-gen consoles

Bethesda Game Studios is releasing a free Fallout 4 update for download on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5.

This free update includes native applications for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S, Performance mode and Quality mode settings, as well as stability improvements and fixes. Experience up to 60 FPS and increased resolutions!

Fallout 4 players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will also receive a free update with stability improvements, login and quest fixes .

To download the update on a next-generation console, you must own Fallout 4 for that device.

Updates for PC players​

We are also releasing a free Fallout 4 update for PC players! Experience Fallout 4 on your next-generation PC with widescreen and ultra-widescreen support, as well as fixes to Creation Kit and a variety of quest updates.

Players with PC versions of Fallout 4 on Steam, Microsoft Store and GOG will receive stability, mods and bug fixes. For Japanese and Chinese language players on PC, Bethesda.net login issues have been resolved, fixing access to mods.

Alongside this exciting update, Fallout 4 will be available to purchase on the Epic Games Store.

Fallout 4 will also be Steam Deck verified.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Might go back to this now that the next gen update is real with a release date. Would have loved it if some quality of life mods were brought in with this update especially for the console versions like what CD Red did with Witcher 3 next gen update. Having the mod that fixes the dialogue system would have been great. But alas, don't see any reference to this kind of thing from what I read of the next gen update.

Last edited:
Reactions: Box

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I bought the GOTY edition on PS4 for like $10 and never really played. I'll try it on PS5.

The next one is not coming before 2030+ 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Sircaw

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
I bought the GOTY edition on PS4 for like $10 and never really played. I'll try it on PS5.

For me, going back from the beginning and replaying Fallout 4 with this next gen update is more appealing than getting Starfield and playing that. Fallout 4 still looks more interesting than Starfield. Never thought I would've said that post Starfield.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

Really liked Far Harbour, not sure if its in the Goty edition, i would imagine so,

I think it really elevates the game, from being good to excellent.

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
For me, going back from the beginning and replaying Fallout 4 with this next gen update is more appealing than getting Starfield and playing that. Fallout 4 still looks more interesting than Starfield. Never thought I would've said that post Starfield.
Reported for hate speech against Starfield.
how dare you snl GIF

• haha
Reactions: Sircaw and Say1nMan

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Hopefully this doesn't screw up compatibility with existing mods and fallout London in particular.

That was my first thought, Fallout London supposedly coming out April 23rd.

Mod breaking with patches and updates is a staple but usually, in most games, modders are able to quickly manage it in a day or two most of the time.

Can always not update to be on the safe side anyway.

Edit: Screwed up the dates.

Last edited:

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Played this game on the ps plus collection, honestly was not a fan of it.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Didn't hit like fallout 3 did for me & I'm not a fan of base building in games

I actually love base building (I'm a big CIV and RTS fan at heart) but it's the story and gameplay that I didn't like.

Especially the twist with the MC's you lnow who near the end.

The actual gameplay was the usual clunky Bethesda jank

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I actually love base building (I'm a big CIV and RTS fan at heart) but it's the story and gameplay that I didn't like.

Especially the twist with the MC's you lnow who near the end.

The actual gameplay was the usual clunky Bethesda jank
TBF I only played it for a few hours & didn't get into it , I might give it another shot with the upgrade though aslong as base building isn't something that I have to do lol