Famous Xbox ambassador @Shpeshal_Nick makes a complete turn on his his stance for MS acquiring studios.

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
TBF they almost botched that one up in 3 months time with the PSN account linking fiasco.

Though I'll keep saying, them wanting account linking wasn't the problem. Them reverting the mandatory linking wasn't the problem. It's 100% how they handled it, from the announcement to the rollout to the walk-back.
I think you're going to find that steam fanboys don't want any linking to PSN ever...

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
you shouldn't listening anyone. or how i can say, you can listen everyone and analyse it.

but how they manage to ignore Court Documents, officially m$ admitting loads fault ill plans etc.. and still be ignorant?
That's totally the same a cult at this point. Only cult fanatics don't listen to rational words.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
I genuinely hope Sony talks with Microsoft for selling Crash and Spyro IP to them.
I could see this happening but idk that would be a major gut check for MS I mean they have no business owning Crash or Spyro nor there invested in these smaller games (why they was about to shutter toys for bob) after buying ABK & Aron Green Burger throwing the crash meme & selling the Crash & Spyro ips would be a funny time in twitter.

I don’t see why Xbox would own Crash & Spyro those franchises are PS centric & main players base is on PS. Imagine a new Crash by Naughty Dog or Spyro by Insomniac having Crash, Spyro, Ratchet & Clank & bringing back Jak & Daxter & Sly Cooper would be fucking glorious these are the games that Sony needs while it’s dry asf. AA $50 games that take 3 years to make 10 hours platformer focus on fun creative gameplay. Maybe PlayStation would have enough platformers to make the PS platform fun & creative. They could make there own smash (PS all stars revival) with all of these PS centric mascot platformer without needing Xbox stinky green fingers. I can only dream 😭

Last edited:

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Agree here 100%; all these fuckers toed the line, gaslighting people. Shilling happily away, now they all think their shit doesn't smell.

View attachment 4924

I'm starting to think that the comparison to rats has always been wrong. Rats would have left the sinking ship a long time ago, they are intelligent enough for that.

Sloths on the other hand....

• haha
Reactions: Sircaw

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I genuinely hope Sony talks with Microsoft for selling Crash and Spyro IP to them.

Sony has had every opportunity to buy Crash and Spyro. It's never happening, especially now. Even if Sony still owned Crash and Spyro, we probably wouldn't see Crash and Spyro games, just as we don't see Jak and Sly games and have seen 2 Ratchet games in 2 generations, one being a remake.

TBF they almost botched that one up in 3 months time with the PSN account linking fiasco.

Though I'll keep saying, them wanting account linking wasn't the problem. Them reverting the mandatory linking wasn't the problem. It's 100% how they handled it, from the announcement to the rollout to the walk-back.

That's an exaggeration. They miscalculated PC gamers reaction to the most benign of things.

The reality is Steam users sensed exactly what was happening, that this was Sony's first salvo into making their own PC launcher, one that will compete with Steam, and that's the last thing they want. That's why they not only dug in but collaborated on driving reviews down.

Sony caved because Helldivers 2 is the golden goose. In just 2 months it became the 7th most successful Sony published title in the US... That's actually insane.

Sony has massive PC plans, but they don't need PSN registrations from Helldivers to accomplish that.

When they launch the PC Launcher, they'll just give away free features and goodies to players who play it there rather than on Steam and eventually Sony's PC storefront will have exclusive PC games including Sony first party titles.

Between the PSN registration mandate, the PlayStation overlay in Tsushima, and the PSVR2 support that's coming, I don't think the PC storefront is that far away. We're probably talking 2 years tops.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I could see this happening but idk that would be a major gut check for MS I mean they have no business owning Crash or Spyro nor there invested in these smaller games (why they was about to shutter toys for bob) after buying ABK & Aron Green Burger throwing the crash meme & selling the Crash & Spyro ips would be a funny time in twitter.

I don’t see why Xbox would own Crash & Spyro those franchises are PS centric & main players base is on PS. Imagine a new Crash by Naughty Dog or Spyro by Insomniac having Crash, Spyro, Ratchet & Clank & bringing back Jak & Daxter & Sly Cooper would be fucking glorious these are the games that Sony needs while it’s dry asf. AA $50 games that take 3 years to make 10 hours platformer focus on fun creative gameplay. Maybe PlayStation would have enough platformers to make the PS platform fun & creative. They could make there own smash (PS all stars revival) with all of these PS centric mascot platformer without needing Xbox stinky green fingers. I can only dream 😭

Maybe there would be incentive for Sony to try and buy them if they're able to buy Paramount and then plan some sort of Skylander and Crash animated series on Nickelodeon, but I don't see any real chance of this.

And there is little chance of Insomniac and especially Naughty Dog returning to these franchises.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I'm starting to think that the comparison to rats has always been wrong. Rats would have left the sinking ship a long time ago, they are intelligent enough for that.

Sloths on the other hand....
sloths are cute, so comparing them to Xbox people is a big no.

~Unless... What you are really saying is you find Adamapple cute..

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
sloths are cute, so comparing them to Xbox people is a big no.

~Unless... What you are really saying is you find Adamapple cute..
Well they die because they are killed by predators while taking shits, so I think you should reconsider their cuteness....

• sad

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
@John Elden Ring has hundreds of the little critters in his back yard.

He gets to have the final say.

John, are sloths cute? yes or no.

It's hard not wanting to take them home

baby-sloths-mammal

• Heart

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
Maybe there would be incentive for Sony to try and buy them if they're able to buy Paramount and then plan some sort of Skylander and Crash animated series on Nickelodeon, but I don't see any real chance of this.

And there is little chance of Insomniac and especially Naughty Dog returning to these franchises.
True I can maybe see crash because you can do a lot with crash gameplay on the other hand Spyro is pretty linear maybe a weird mobile game? lol

But yuh idk why Sony don’t work with toys for bob who created the toys for life games & bring back PS home back as a metaverse hub (pre install on every PS console like Astro Bot) & mix it with a amiibo style figures. You can create your own character resembling yourself like the original PS Home but if you buy these “PS amiibo figures” that use Sony own ip like say a Kratos amiibo figure you can scan a code on the figure & you would essentially lock a skin for yourself that is Kratos in game & to look like your favorite video game character in PS Home you would have to buy these “PS amiibo figures” or you can look like a human in game. This would make PS Home more of a unique metaverse combining toys/figures & you can parter with 3rd party publisher like Capcom/Square Enix (which Sony did back in PS Hone having a street fighter hub) & creating a Leon PS amiibo that you scan the code & then in game you unlock a Leon skin. I think that would be cool it makes it have a better purpose then Nintendo own amiibo it can be a cool metaverse collectible figure that interacts with a game like skylander. Idk

I think MS would sell Crash & Spyro for scraps tbh

Last edited: