February was a great month for PlayStation console Exclusives! Six of them coming in hot!! Sony is carrying 2024 in general.

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Only Final Fantasy VII Rebirth for me in February followed by Rise of the Ronin in March.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Only Final Fantasy VII Rebirth for me in February followed by Rise of the Ronin in March.
Nothing after that?

Happy Got You GIF by Bounce

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Exclusive wise, no. I do have a multi-platform game in February (Banishers) and March (Outcast) though.
It was a joke, I don't think there is anything announced after Rise of the Ronin, pretty unprecedented in all my years owning a PlayStation.

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
It was a joke, I don't think there is anything announced after Rise of the Ronin, pretty unprecedented in all my years owning a PlayStation.

Oh, okay. I do have Stellar Blade on my list but there's no release date yet even though im expecting to get it during the State of Play within the next two weeks. I agree with you in regards to not knowing release dates for Sony's other games or their roadmap but I have no worries in regards to getting at least 2+ exclusives a year for PlayStation 5.

I believe that Sony will have a PlayStation Showcase in September and that's where they will reveal some stuff and give you release dates for 2025 stuff. Again, I have no worries. :)

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
They wanna shift as many consoles before March 31st... So it makes sense as to why they are intentionally keeping gamers in general dark until the quarter ends. They have purposely jam packed the first 3 months to make sure every kind of gamer has something they wanna play.

But I expect a state of play next month as well.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Nhomnhom

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Does anymore need to be said? Microsoft has been silent since Starfield, and Nintendo has delayed their console.

Meanwhile Sony drops

Helldivers 2
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Granblue Fantasy
Rise of the Ronin
Stellar Blade

On top of that we've gotten third parties, even Microsoft themselves trying to get some of PS customers money with a slew of their titles arriving for the first time. All and all this has to be one of the strongest first halves of the year in a long time for them.

Last edited:

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
Can't argue with this in the console space honestly, but it's only because Xbox has been self sabotageing.

necrolipe

4 Feb 2024
Nintendo launched 3 own games, have 3 more dated and 4/5 of the titles mentioned are from 3rd parties... Sony did a nice partnership, but it's not doing anything to be classified as "carrier"

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Sony isnt carrying 2024. Theyre carrying the entire AAA games industry on their back. Thats why they need to cut the price IMO to get more consoles in peoples homes. Build up that installed base, cut more third party deals, lock in consumers with a digital library.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
you are mistaken 2024 is the year of Xbox. they are just wating for the tools to be ready. (they are almost ready, let's go)

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yes, I agree. They had an awesome first third of the year with great first party games and third party exclusives (being 3rd aren't their games, but Sony paid for them).

But according to some people in the forums they have no games.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Does anymore need to be said? Microsoft has been silent since Starfield, and Nintendo has delayed their console.

Meanwhile Sony drops

Helldivers 2
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Granblue Fantasy
Rise of the Ronin
Stellar Blade

On top of that we've gotten third parties, as well as a even Microsoft themselves trying to get some of PS customers money with a slew of their titles arriving for the first time. All and all this has to be one of the strongest first halves of the year in a long time for them.
Nintendo released Princess Lemon. It's got a nice, juicy, yellow 74 on metacritic.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters