FF 7 Remake is the highest-selling digital release on the PS Store in Square Enix's history. Plus strengthening ties and partnership with Sony.

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
It likely does debunk those rumors, but IDK if it'd extend to FF XVI, and it doesn't seem to with the spinoffs. Or other SE games, seemingly, i.e Visions of Mana.

FF16 probably not.

Though Sony really does love the FF IP. So much so the head of 3rd party relations called it a PlayStation franchise when talking about FF14.

Too lazy to find the tweet right now.

I think if your interest in SE games goes beyond mainline FF titles, it's fair to ask what they have cooking that could be unique to PlayStation platforms in particular. Because right now that answer is very muddy and maybe tepid. Personally I would like to see more beyond just mainline Final Fantasy titles, because if it's not with Square-Enix then aside a one-off from Koei-Tecmo there doesn't seem to be anything exclusive to PlayStation from the big usual Japanese 3P going forward.

Well Sony was interested enough in other Square Enix ip to get Foamstars exclusive. So they see the value besides Final Fantasy.

It’s also said they have more exclusives coming from Square Enix. So we’ll see.

Which is a bit befuddling IMO. Like I can understand in some cases but not even a follow-up to Bloodborne with From Software? Nothing cooking with Capcom maybe for Onimusha or Dino Crisis, or a Monster Hunter spinoff? Seemingly nothing from Konami outside of SH2 (which is basically farmed out to Bloober Team)? Dunno; hopefully we find out more that gets officially confirmed later in the year. Even confirmation of the rumored AA legacy revivals with SEGA and Bandai-Namco would be welcome on this front.

I noticed Sony has the marketing for most of Badai Namco games now. Before MS had everything. Don’t know what happened there, but good.

There’s also the investment in Kadokawa Corporation which gives them 14% ownership of From Software. I expect that to keep on increasing. Sony cares about Japan contrary to what’s said about them.

There will be more Konami exclusives besides Siilent Hill 2 imo.

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
Well, there's the deal, which means these games, like FFXIV or FFXVI will have console exclusivity. But maybe these deals weren't for total exclusivity and were instead for timed console exclusivity.

Whatever was signed in the deals, they'll do that. No conversation, negotiation or moneyhat from MS will break the deal.

FF7 remake was always publicly labeled timed exclusive. People took that to mean it would eventually go to Xbox. But that deal probably only means PC.

Yeah MS can try to negotiate all they want. You can’t break already made contracts.

I don’t believe anything Jezz or whatever MS insider says. They’re trying to dilute everything on purpose.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I wish I could put it differently but it is what it is. What I want to see are Sony Interactive Entertainment and Square-Enix people come out and publicly announce a strengthened partnership between them,
Maybe they already have a strong partnership, and they don't need to justify it cause the evidence of that strong partnerships is already out there 🤷

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I wish I could put it differently but it is what it is. What I want to see are Sony Interactive Entertainment and Square-Enix people come out and publicly announce a strengthened partnership between them, hopefully resulting in more stuff beyond FF VII or FF in general.
Why, isn't clear to you? FFXIV, FFVII remake trilogy, Forspoken,Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth, Valkyrie Elysium, FFXVI, Foamstars... most major Square are PS console exclusives, and if not they are in PS and Switch but not Xbox.

They also have to announce platforms for Dragon Quest XII and Kingdom Hearts 4, and I'd bet both will be PS exclusive or at least DQXII (only Japan cares about it, and the market there is very pro-Switch) PS+Switch.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Why, isn't clear to you? FFXIV, FFVII remake trilogy, Forspoken,Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth, Valkyrie Elysium, FFXVI, Foamstars... most major Square are PS console exclusives, and if not they are in PS and Switch but not Xbox.

They also have to announce platforms for Dragon Quest XII and Kingdom Hearts 4, and I'd bet both will be PS exclusive or at least DQXII (only Japan cares about it, and the market there is very pro-Switch) PS+Switch.
square enix would be stupid to do DQ12 only on ps5

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
For sure there is room to expan but that train has left. The game is not getting that recognition even yet.
btw - how is the dlc? I have yet to play it (I know, surprising)

A bit shorter than I thought, but overall a good addition - mainly to the story. Because of how it's set up, you don't carry over anything from the main game and it has it's own new set of magic.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
A bit shorter than I thought, but overall a good addition - mainly to the story. Because of how it's set up, you don't carry over anything from the main game and it has it's own new set of magic.
New set of magic is good.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It won't be, it's gonna be on Switch 2, that's where it will sell best anyways
The logical thing would be to release it in PS5, Switch and PC. But I think it may be a total or timed exclusive if Sony or Nintendo pay enough for it. And if Sony or Nintendo consider DQ isn't big enough anymore to pay for it, as a 3rd option SE could ask MS for money to port it to Xbox too and make it full multiplatform.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
The logical thing would be to release it in PS5, Switch and PC. But I think it may be a total or timed exclusive if Sony or Nintendo pay enough for it. And if Sony or Nintendo consider DQ isn't big enough anymore to pay for it, as a 3rd option SE could ask MS for money to port it to Xbox too and make it full multiplatform.
The logical things is to release it on the Switch 2 and PS5 simultaneously. If Sony is smart maybe they can try to get a times exclusive deal in Japan as the brand is bigger than FF there.

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
I can't see them doing DQ 12 as an exclusive. I mean its popular for sure but not as high as people think. They made DQ11 multiplatform but had that weird remake for the switch awhile later.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I can't see them doing DQ 12 as an exclusive. I mean its popular for sure but not as high as people think. They made DQ11 multiplatform but had that weird remake for the switch awhile later.
Yeah they need sales to keep tht series alive so Switch would Def be in the works.

Reactions: reziel