FF16 continuing to sell strongly in Japan according to Famitsu

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
No, FF15 sales were from PS4 alone which was roughly similar numbers as PS5 when FF16 launched.

PS4 - 3.917.092
PS5 - 3.901.335
And 15 have T rating while 16 have M rating

Which means more restricted audience

sugarbetik

Banned
30 Jun 2023
It actually because they are sold out everywhere. In fact if you order online you have to wait until 7/23

SE for some reasons print so little units.
Nope, no stock issues during its launch. Retailers were able to accurately estimated the demand.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Because there wasn't any reports of stock issues from Japanese retailers during FFXVI launch period.
This isnt about stock issues

16 was rpg made for more limited mature audience kinda like witcher 3 and dragon age inquitition

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
No, FF15 sales were from PS4 alone and PS4 hardware sales ltd during that time were roughly similar to PS5 when FF16 launched.

PS4 - 3.917.092
PS5 - 3.901.335
A bit unfair here since there wasn't a digital only PS4. There's 538k digital PS5 sold in Japan (not all stayed there) but even so, we are missing a good chunk of data here. That's why I find comparing console sales aligned is kinda flawed.

I've been attacked here for saying this, but it was obvious this game was gonna sell less compared to previous games. When it's all said and done I think sales will be good tho, but it depends on if SE and Sony who has a history of moving on too quickly from a game if it's not a hit immediately... does to keep the tailwind sales relevant.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
D

Deleted member 782

This is really weird, why should we listen to one person's anecdotal report of a single store instead of the nation-wide sales numbers from Famitsu that cover thousands of Japanese video game stores? LOL.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
A bit unfair here since there wasn't a digital only PS4. There's 538k digital PS5 sold in Japan (not all stayed there) but even so, we are missing a good chunk of data here. That's why I find comparing console sales aligned is kinda flawed.

I've been attacked here for saying this, but it was obvious this game was gonna sell less compared to previous games. When it's all said and done I think sales will be good tho, but it depends on if SE and Sony who has a history of moving on too quickly from a game if it's not a hit immediately... does to keep the tailwind sales relevant.
Even physical PS5 doesn't mean people buy physical copies. I bet you there are digital sales that are equal to at least 3rd of the physical.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
FF15 launched in holiday season.
FF7R launched in 2020 with double install size.

Can we stop this comparing nonsense madness..