FF16's week 1 physical sales in the UK surpasses Diablo 4's and Dead Island 2's

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
FFXVI - 'Fantasy'

Seems like a great start, which will continue as more and more people get hands on a PS5.

Also, I had to ...

7qjnif.gif

MrRevocs1256

28 Apr 2023
There are already doom and gloom twitter posts, saying FFXVI will be the worst selling FF game ever

Reactions: Box

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
There are already doom and gloom twitter posts, saying FFXVI will be the worst selling FF game ever

There's been a lot of wishful thinking for this game to fail. The pathetic people who are doing this are all very transparent as to why they're rooting for that outcome too.

OT: It's great to see it selling well. I don't have the means to play it yet, but have been very interested since the first trailer dropped. Most of the time I don't mind waiting, but I feel like I'm really missing out this time. 😞

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Xbot Sullivan made a thread on Era about the first tweet instead to start the doom. It's true the physical numbers are not that impressive compared with FF15 but it was another time. I'm hoping the game sells 3 millions first week because it's the GOTY (at least on Playstation).

Diablo 4 had multiple editions and an Xbox bundle too so FF16 is not that bad.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Xbot Sullivan made a thread on Era about the first tweet instead to start the doom. It's true the physical numbers are not that impressive compared with FF15 but it was another time. I'm hoping the game sells 3 millions first week because it's the GOTY (at least on Playstation).

Diablo 4 had multiple editions and an Xbox bundle too so FF16 is not that bad.

the thing is FF15 punched great numbers at first.. after that... it went downhill.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
This game will definitely be the lowest selling mainline Final Fantasy game since Final Fantasy 12 I think or maybe Final Fantasy 9. As much as I love it, I always knew they were gonna turn off a huge portion of the traditional base from the first gameplay reveal.

And now with a Partisan media / online astroturfing campaign against everything Playstation since 2020... This game must fail in their eyes, so they can say.... PS5 exclusives aren't worth it for 3rd party.

The Japan numbers are gonna be disaster so be prepared for that shit storm that's when everyone comes out of the wood works

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
There's been a lot of wishful thinking for this game to fail. The pathetic people who are doing this are all very transparent as to why they're rooting for that outcome too.
This game will definitely be the lowest selling mainline Final Fantasy game since Final Fantasy 12 I think or maybe Final Fantasy 9. As much as I love it, I always knew they were gonna turn off a huge portion of the traditional base from the first gameplay reveal.

And now with a Partisan media / online astroturfing campaign against everything Playstation since 2020... This game must fail in their eyes, so they can say.... PS5 exclusives aren't worth it for 3rd party.

The Japan numbers are gonna be disaster so be prepared for that shit storm that's when everyone comes out of the wood works
There's an obvious agenda to destroy the sales of this games from Xbox and Nintendo gamers (look at Installbase). The doom was so relentless I'm sure it will affect the sales even if the reviews and word of mouth is good. Phil Spencer was even talking about it the day of release at the FTC trial.

Imagine playing this game as your first Final Fantasy. It should be up there with Final Fantasy 7. It's a game changer.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

You could not be more wrong, a more traditional Final Fantasy would not sell better than this. This is the most appealing a Final Fantasy game can be without relying on already established entries like FFVII Remake did.

It's pretty much Final Fantasy + Game of Thrones + God of War and does great in comparison to all of those.

Unless something really weird happens with this game in the second half I just can't understand where all the hate is coming from, it cannot be coming from Final Fantasy fans or PlayStation fans.

The game is extremely polished and strong on pretty much all aspects I can think off (story, combat, music, visuals, presentation).

BlueLyria

Icon Extra
29 Apr 2023
the thing is FF15 punched great numbers at first.. after that... it went downhill.
FF XV was also in development and hyped for almost 10+ years

UK physical charts will be used to jump the gun on sales assumptions in an era where retail is dead.
Funny how when RE4 Remake UK boxed sales was used to extrapolate the sales split, people were ragging on how the UK charts aren't a reliable source of data ( Even though the sales split ended up being more or less similar ), now that it's ammo in the "FFXVI Flopped" narrative, it's an acceptable source, funny ain't it?

• brain

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

Funny how when RE4 Remake UK boxed sales was used to extrapolate the sales split, people were ragging on how the UK charts aren't a reliable source of data ( Even though the sales split ended up being more or less similar ), now that it's ammo in the "FFXVI Flopped" narrative, it's an acceptable source, funny ain't it?
even with FF15 wall which FF16 has to jump over, i believe they will easily will sell more on PS5 and PC.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

I don't understand, if it beat Diablo 4 how can it have floped? Diablo 4 released on 4 platforms and it's a highly anticipated and marketed sequel.

Digital sales aren't completely disconnected from physical games and there is no reason to think Final Fantasy has a drastically more unfavorable split of digital sales than any other game.

FFXVI is going to have a great legs because of it's high quality and broad appeal. The name Final Fantasy might actually be put a lot of people off that would enjoy it, word of mouth is going to be great.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Digital buys have increased exponentially since ff15 but most importantly, at least 20 percent of ps5 sales are a digital only console. Ps5 “only” has an installed base of 40 million world wide atm as well. We’ll see what the final numbers are but I think it will be around what people expected.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
There's an obvious agenda to destroy the sales of this games from Xbox and Nintendo gamers (look at Installbase). The doom was so relentless I'm sure it will affect the sales even if the reviews and word of mouth is good. Phil Spencer was even talking about it the day of release at the FTC trial.

Imagine playing this game as your first Final Fantasy. It should be up there with Final Fantasy 7. It's a game changer.
Of course everyone wants this game to fail for many reasons... Outta resentment, jealously and so they can hope the Sqaure / Sony alliance will falter.

• sad

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
You could not be more wrong, a more traditional Final Fantasy would not sell better than this. This is the most appealing a Final Fantasy game can be without relying on already established entries like FFVII Remake did.

It's pretty much Final Fantasy + Game of Thrones + God of War and does great in comparison to all of those.

Unless something really weird happens with this game in the second half I just can't understand where all the hate is coming from, it cannot be coming from Final Fantasy fans or PlayStation fans.

The game is extremely polished and strong on pretty much all aspects I can think off (story, combat, music, visuals, presentation).
Sir!! I said it would turn off some traditional FANS.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
At this point it will have a slow start in UK than previous FFs games unless a not ever see digital ratio pop up… that probably won’t happen.

The sales are good but seems like FFXV put a lot of launch buyers out.

Well that was expected… how it will build itself though the months and how FFXVII will open will tell more about if it had the power to convince players disappointed with FFXV back.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
FFXV is the reason the launch sales are lower than previous entries…

Square Enix needs to convince back the FF fan base that they lose with FFXV.

But that was expected, no? FFXV hurt a lot the franchise and now they need to win back buyers that is not easy and doesn’t happen from a day to another… needs years with good games like FFXVI to that happen.

Reactions: BlueLyria