Final Fantasy 16 final hands on previews are coming out

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I was reading an interview game informer had with yoshi p he said this.
“Final Fantasy, being one of Square Enix’s very important franchises up there with Dragon Quest and the Kingdom Hearts series – when we do begin development, we do approach multiple platforms, multiple companies, about releasing the game. And when you approach them, they’re going to come back to us with their offers.”

The team and Square Enix then consider all those offers and decide what will be best for the project. In this case, Square Enix liked PlayStation’s offer best; it doesn’t hurt that PlayStation and Square Enix have a decades-long relationship resulting in various Square Enix exclusives on PlayStation consoles.

Interesting he mentioned they approach multiple platforms. Honestly I can't see any other platform holder being a realistic option then playstation for final fantasy. Feel like his just trying to seem neutral.

Nintendo does have the early years of the final fantasy franchise attached to the brand, but considering what square enix have aimed for in ff16, I dont know if they'd be a realistic option.

And microsoft..... well I'm sure square enix don't want to borderline kill final fantasy, so that was never gonna be an option.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Voice acting/dialogue back in the stone age still. Looks good tho...

Never been a fan, and playing and beating FFVII Remake solidified my reasoning as to why that was. Hopefully the fans of the franchise do get the payoff. Not too long of a wait now.