OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Seems like the main characters are gay. That's why it's banned.

That would be a first for the series.

• fire
Reactions: anonpuffs

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Seems like the main characters are gay. That's why it's banned.

I kinda doubt that, doesn't seem like something Square would do.

I think there's even a scene in one of the trailers where the main character just got done having sex with some lady, lol.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The tweet is from the general supervisor. He is the reviewer of content. He could be a big lier and there might be some financial or political disagreement, but no game or media was banned recently because of nudity, sex, or violence. Heck netflix movies and shows are allowed and they have gay content, but it is rated in away that prevent children and teens.
But for games there are more restrictions on gay content.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
The tweet is from the general supervisor. He is the reviewer of content. He could be a big lier and there might be some financial or political disagreement, but no game or media was banned recently because of nudity, sex, or violence. Heck netflix movies and shows are allowed and they have gay content, but it is rated in away that prevent children and teens.
But for games there are more restrictions on gay content.
Grand Theft Auto and many other games with nudity are only heavily censored released in Saudi Arabia. Square Enix would never dare to put something like LBGT+ for the Protagonist. And again I say it: Clives has a loving relationship with Jill!

Reactions: AshHunter216

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Grand Theft Auto and many other games with nudity are only heavily censored released in Saudi Arabia. Square Enix would never dare to put something like LBGT+ for the Protagonist. And again I say it: Clives has a loving relationship with Jill!
I am not gonna argue. What can I do if that's the official statement? If they say it is gay then it's gay unless they are laying

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Weird decision

Has there ever been violence, gore, nudity, or lgbt content on final fantasy game before?

How can game like gta and mortal kombat get a pass and this doesnt

Reactions: Killer_Sakoman

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Dion (Bahamut) is gay & part of his story is between him and his manipulative husband.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Anyway, SE and Sony aren't losing anything here. Not selling 100K life time isn't effect a game that sells 10+ million. Saudi gamers will not be effected. The physical copy of the game will be available before its release date and the euro /mena version already supports their language.
Having gay or not is just a trending political fight. Many animation series that are super popular in the middle east such as UFO Grandizer and Mazinger Z had characters that are a mix of male and female. They weren't banned because there was no waring in political level.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Women couldn't drive in Saudi Arabian until 2018. So they don't seem like a great role model to anyone.

Women just had their south east asian slaves drives for them, the women arent that oppressed.

The real oppression happens from the slaves they get from india,south east asia and Africa who are often exploited and raped. Thousands die every year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokoloko

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Women just had their south east asian slaves drives for them, the women arent that oppressed.

The real oppression happens from the slaves they get from india,south east asia and Africa who are often exploited and raped. Thousands die every year.

Banning Final Fantasy might just fix that.

Mild Conviction

13 Jan 2023
The character in question seems to NOT be Clive, but Dion, the Dominant of Bahamut, which is kinda funny to think about: a gay Bahamut.

Anyway, if Saudi Arabia doesn't want peak video game, that's their loss.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

I mean, they are oppressed if they aren't rich enough to own slaves, and even if they are imagine being always at risk of being honor-killed for doing anything that provokes the religious snowflakes over there. Sounds pretty shit to me. Sure the slaves have it worse off but really?

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I mean, they are oppressed if they aren't rich enough to own slaves, and even if they are imagine being always at risk of being honor-killed for doing anything that provokes the religious snowflakes over there. Sounds pretty shit to me. Sure the slaves have it worse off but really?

Now imagine how bad slave women have it? If they repoet rape they are the ones who go to prison or beheaded. Think about how messed up that is

• sad
Reactions: AshHunter216