Final Fantasy 16 rockets up sales charts after State of Play showcase

Unchained

5 Dec 2022
https://www.gamesradar.com/final-fa...flow&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

Final Fantasy 16 is rocketing up sales charts after its showcase yesterday.

April 13 saw a big Final Fantasy 16 gameplay presentation as part of a PlayStation State of Play broadcast. Now, the following day, Final Fantasy 16 sits atop Amazon US's(opens in new tab) best-selling games chart, overtaking the likes of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, NBA 2K23, the Resident Evil 4 remake, and the Dead Space remake

It's actually the $100 Deluxe Edition of Final Fantasy 16 that's currently reigning supreme atop the Amazon chart, while the $70 standard edition sits in the fourth place. The new showcase must've seriously impressed players if they're willing to shell out $100 on the new RPG on day one.

Looking elsewhere online, Final Fantasy 16's big new presentation is going down a treat with Final Fantasy fans. One dedicated fan on Twitter said it "single-handedly destroyed every narrative around the game. The game did the speaking," while another added "now everyone is screaming and raving which is amusing to me."

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
“But zelda will obliterate it” lmao

I mean…lol it will 😬

Zelda will probably do FF lifetime sales by the end of next quarter. Zelda is Nintendo’s biggest IP next to Mario and its launching on 125m? Switches.

Final Fantasy has had a lot of damage done to its reputation over the years and its launching on like 40 million PS5’s. I’m more hyped for the latter but the reality is zelda is going to be one of the best selling games of the year. Not even Ragnarok will end up matching Zelda

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Zelda is huge. Pretty much every other Switch owner will buy it. No need to dismiss it.
That’s not the point. The point is that people were saying the zelda showcase would obliterate this and it didn’t happen.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
There’s no doubt Zelda will obliterate it. FF hasn’t done blockbuster numbers in ages.

There’s a lot riding on FF16. I expect it to be the best mainline game since the OG FF7. I don’t think it’ll do Zelda numbers but 10 million plus in launch year has to be the goal.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
There’s no doubt Zelda will obliterate it. FF hasn’t done blockbuster numbers in ages.

There’s a lot riding on FF16. I expect it to be the best mainline game since the OG FF7. I don’t think it’ll do Zelda numbers but 10 million plus in launch year has to be the goal.
FF16 will be the best selling game in the franchise. Your point is moot.
Zelda showcase didn't oblitare FF16 showcase. This is the fact.

D

Deleted member 223

If it's not crossgen I highly doubt it will be the best selling in the franchise.

Good job done as long as it does well and satisfies its target market.

Reactions: Bryank75

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
FF16 will be the best selling game in the franchise. Your point is moot.
Zelda showcase didn't oblitare FF16 showcase. This is the fact.

It should be the best selling game. The last two decades have been dumpster fires outside of Ff14. This game looks good. Hope it does.

Are you making some nonsense point about YouTube views or something? Ha! Who cares…

Tears of the Kingdom is going to outperform everything by tens of millions. It’ll be a tighter race between Starfield and FF16.

Edit: just took a quick peek for shits n giggles… yesterdays Zelda trailer has exponentially more views than the ff16 showcase btw… so yea Zelda obliterated it? I didn’t even bring up that point but it happened using that shit metric as well.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It was the best presentation Square Enix ever did for a FF.
Made FFXV presentations to looks like amadorism and disconected.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
What you consider blockbustter?
Because FFXV sold less than FFVII only.

That is the TOP5 sellers....
  • FF7 >14 million
  • FF14 ~11 million (it is not exactly a main FF)
  • FF15 >10 million
  • FF6 >10 million
  • FF4 10 million
I expect FF16 to sell at least 10 million after PC release... on PS5 alone I hope it can reach 7-8 million.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

• FF7 >14 million
  • FF15 >10 million
  • FF6 >10 million
  • FF4 10 million
I expect FF16 to sell at least 10 million after PC release... on PS5 alone I hope it can reach 7-8 million.
FF16 will do god of war numbers, I expect, with the amount of marketing this game is having. I’m expecting low 90s on metacritic.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022

• FF7 >14 million
  • FF15 >10 million
  • FF6 >10 million
  • FF4 10 million

Modern day blockbuster for a multiplatform game is 15 million plus when it comes to games of this scale.

I think 8 million before PC release (if that happens) is a good expectation. Would like to see that in launch year alone.

I don’t expect it to do God of War numbers but it will surely come in with more hype than Horizon.