Final Fantasy 16 rockets up sales charts after State of Play showcase

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
it has 15M+ members on PC. so ya, it is pretty important.
No it doesn't. Unless you think it has only 10M~15M at most on Xbox. If those numbers are true then Gamepass is failing miserably on Xbox, to the point it would be the biggest fail ever in the history of gaming.

Sony has close to 50M subs on consoles while MS has 15M subs on consoles? While Xbox is all about services? :ROFLMAO:

Also PC players were abusing the $1 trial like crazy, no way most will be converted to paying $10. At most they'll get in and out, since as far as I know there is no incentive to subscribe for long periods of time in advance on PC.

Non-pirate PC games, the ones that actually pay for games are all about Steam.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
StarField will sell over 5 million.
How much more I don’t know.

Just remember Skyrim did 30 million are dozen of years and PlayStation being ~40% of these 30 million.

StarField sales potential is way less than half of Skyrim due New IP, Gamepass and no PlayStarion.

5 million at launch will be great… 10 million lifetime amazing.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
StarField will sell over 5 million.
How much more I don’t know.

Just remember Skyrim did 30 million are dozen of years and PlayStation being ~40% of these 30 million.

StarField sales potential is way less than half of Skyrim due New IP, Gamepass and no PlayStarion.

5 million at launch will be great… 10 million lifetime amazing.
The 360 was also much bigger at the time. The Xbox Series won't have even 1/3 of that player base.

• brain
Reactions: Ezekiel and ethomaz

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Will Starfield even be on steam? I know Bethesda ported some accounts for F76 to steam. I’m not even sure if their launcher is even still around or will.

This is definitely their biggest attempt to sway pc users to windows gamepass.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
No it doesn't. Unless you think it has only 10M~15M at most on Xbox. If those numbers are true then Gamepass is failing miserably on Xbox, to the point it would be the biggest fail ever in the history of gaming.

Sony has close to 50M subs on consoles while MS has 15M subs on consoles? While Xbox is all about services? :ROFLMAO:

Also PC players were abusing the $1 trial like crazy, no way most will be converted to paying $10. At most they'll get in and out, since as far as I know there is no incentive to subscribe for long periods of time in advance on PC.

Non-pirate PC games, the ones that actually pay for games are all about Steam.
yes, PC has 15M+ and xbox has 10M+, how much it overleap , hard to say.

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
No way, I won't believe unless this numbers are stated clearly and somewhat officially. It just seems too absurd to me.

If that is true (and I don't think it is) they need to shut down Xbox tomorrow.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: VillaiN

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It's not confirmed that those numbers are correct, the linkedin profile only said 15+ million pc players have access to gamepass, not that they are subscribers. They could be counting MAUs across bethesda launcher, microsoft store, etc.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
…. You can’t actually believe this.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Biggest two games of the year are Starfield and Zelda.
Spiderman 2, COD, Hogwarts Legacy will all sell more than Starfield, and generate more revenue than Starfield. They'll also probably all have more players than Starfield even though it's being given away for free. Zelda will also lose to at least 2/3 of those.

D

Deleted member 223

Square and Sony should do another in-depth showing much closer to launch. Something of a viral nature as well. The chocobo thing they tried is a total dud - nobody gives a shit about some digital rooster. Japanese devs should stay true to their roots and the basics.... aka unleash female titty physics.... like it or not, it's proven to work again and again even on this social climate. Know your audience.

As for Starfield...... Starfield will do well if it reviews well and is an acceptable playable state. The game should do OK reviews wise cause it's MS's flagship this year, and like with Halo Infinite, the MS plants know what to do and is expected of them. So even if there are some outlets that fall outside the MS net, those that are inside the net will balance the META Review scores. A good META will help with the hype while shipping in an acceptable buggy state will give the game some staying power while a community establishes itself (as usual for Bethesda titles). For the game to be a total bomba it will have to either crash horribly on the Review META (unlikely) or be an absolute mess like Fallout 76 bug wise where no one can hide it or damage control it (which is not to say there won't be damage controlling - guaranteed regardless of anything).

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
its not like microsoft will release numbers anyway so no point in even debating
"We've reached 20 million players"

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office