Final Fantasy 16 to Release June 22nd, 2023, it's claimed

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
x1oRUEs.jpg

First, the Final Fantasy 16 part seems to be referred to because of the reference to a “crystal”, of which crystals have appeared in every main game of the Final Fantasy franchise.

As for the release date, 22 grains of said is likely referring to the 22nd and 6 nations as June, therefore June 22nd, 2023 is our release date.

Last week, Insider Gaming exclusively reported that Final Fantasy 16 pre-orders will go live soon, likely around the same time as The Game Awards on December 8.

Yesterday, Final Fantasy 16 was rated in Brazil suggesting that an announcement for the game was imminent.

Naoki Yoshida said last month “We plan to release the information again later this year, so I think we can say it at that time. I don’t think it’s going to be over the summer, so I think it’s okay (laughs).

At this time, officially, Final Fantasy XVI is scheduled to release in mid-2023 for PlayStation. It will be a timed exclusive for six months, before being eligible for release on other platforms.

Last edited:
24 Jun 2022
Massive Game, in more ways than one I imagine.
Final Fantasy fans are going to be so damn happy.

Happy Very Funny GIF by Disney Zootopia

I'm not a big FF fan but XVI has me very much interested to play it. So it should have good potential satisfying both FF fans and more casual fans or non-fans, too.

Forspoken, Stellar Blade, FF XVI, Spiderman 2...so many big releases for PS5 next year.

• fire
Reactions: Sircaw

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
A month after Zelda, not bad. The zelda hype cycle will have cooled off by then, especially if theres no new hardware

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
A month after Zelda, not bad. The zelda hype cycle will have cooled off by then, especially if theres no new hardware
I've been thinking the switch successor could release on May 12th along with totk. Majors mask 3d was announced after the announcement of the new 3ds in Japan and new Zealand I think but North America got the new 3ds xl announced to be launching with majors mask 3d and monster hunter 4.

Also botw and twilight were announced for wii u and gamecube only but about a year after being announced Nintendo revealed the wii and switch versions of those games to be launching with them