Final Fantasy 16 was the most played Ps5 title in June.

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
"Despite some negative commentary surrounding the game’s performance following an announcement of 3 million copies sold, Square Enix’s Final Fantasy XVI (FF16) – the latest instalment in its RPG franchise – actually performed robustly in its launch month; both in Japan and further afield."

"Ampere Games – Analytics data shows that the PlayStation 5 (PS5) exclusive title was the sixth biggest title by monthly active users globally on the console in June, and around 13% of PS5 players played the game. The top markets by active users were the USA, which represented a third of players, Japan, which represented a quarter, the UK, Germany, Canada, and South Korea. Interestingly, average play time per player was at its highest in Japan, at more than 22 hours in the month, which is almost four hours longer than the average player in the US. This suggests that players in Japan are more engaged, possibly because there are fewer highly popular PS5 titles in the market compared to the USA, where games like Fortnite, Call of Duty, and Grand Theft Auto V (GTA V) regularly duke it out for player attention."

https://infogram.com/ff16-countries-1h7z2l83p1l3g6o

"For three days following the launch, FF16 was the second-highest PS5 title by daily active users globally, just falling short of FIFA 23, but surpassing the likes of Fortnite and Call of Duty. By the end of June it had dropped to fourth place, but now seems to have stabilised, and is maintaining a solid lead ahead of big live service titles like Diablo IV, NBA 2K 23, and GTA V. The most popular other title among FF16 players is Diablo IV: almost a quarter of FF16 players in the USA also played Diablo IV on PS5 in June, perhaps as a result of FF16’s notable shift away from Japanese RPG (JRPG), and towards the Action RPG (ARPG) genre."

"There has been much commentary around FF16’s performance in its domestic market, Japan, but the perceived lack of sales are more due to the relative popularity of the PS5 versus the Nintendo Switch there. Switch titles dominate the charts in Japan, but when focusing solely on PS5 activity, FF16 was very successful in June. It attracted twice as many daily players as the next most popular PS5 game, Apex Legends, and it was far and away the most-played game for that time period."

*Note: The June FF16 data includes user activity for the demo, which preceded the full launch of the game.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
So the demo is included? Eh things are a bit skewed here, so I'll ignore this..

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The sales talk is so loud for this game a third-party had to do a full investigation. Just because it’s a PS5 exclusive, that's crazy🤦

Is Starfield going to get the same treatment? Any other game ever?

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
If you go outside of Gaming Forums, you will find that the vast majority of people loved this game.
The majority of people also loved the game on forums too. It's a banger. I never touched Zelda again once I started it.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Umar

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
The sales talk is so loud for this game a third-party had to do a full investigation. Just because it’s a PS5 exclusive, that's crazy🤦

Is Starfield going to get the same treatment? Any other game ever?
Nope. No one will say anything regarding sales for Bugfield.

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
"next most popular PS5 game, Apex Legends, and it was far and away the most-played game for that time period"
I mean im talking about this anti ff16 rethoric of yours which is getting worn out and exhausting at this point

Time to drop it off bro

• haha
Reactions: Box and ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I mean im talking about this anti ff16 rethoric of yours which is getting worn out and exhausting at this point

Time to drop it off bro
If you think I'm anti FF16 then you are really assumptinng a lot.
Talking about the actual sales of the game is not being anti... it is being realistic.

Why are you mad what the game didn't perfomred like you wanted?

I will continue talking about facts... not feelings.

• Informative
Reactions: Kokoloko

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
If you think I'm anti FF16 then you are really assumptinng a lot.
Talking about the actual sales of the game is not being anti... it is being realistic.

Why are you mad what the game didn't perfomred like you wanted?

I will continue talking about facts... not feelings.
Youre insinuating the game is doing well because it includes demo

Also why are you keep repeating this when SE says the game doing good numbers

Cmon we know what youre doing pall enough already

Reactions: Box

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Youre insinuating the game is doing well because it includes demo

Aslo why are you keep repeating this when SE says the game doing good numbers

Cmon we know what youre doing pall enough already
I'm no insinuating...

I'm saying the data in the OP includes de Demo.
Plus there is no popular (with big numbers) game in Japan... so FFXVI being that one with like 500-600k games sold is what it is and anything impressive like the article tries to say.

And not FFXVI is not doing well in Japan... you are crazy if you bleieve that lol

I can't do anything If you don't like facts.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
I'm no insinuating...

I'm saying the data in the OP includes de Demo.
Plus there is no popular (with big numbers) game in Japan... so FFXVI being that one with like 500-600k games sold is what it is and anything impressive like the article tries to say.

I can't do anything If you don't like facts.
Talking facts is one thing but being dishonest is another one

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Talking facts is one thing but being dishonest is another one
Dishonest? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

FFXVI is not doing great in Japan and you keep in defense control all the time.
Tells much who is being dishonest here.

The article tries to create a false narrative using a data that doesn't tell what they want.
And I thought PS fans were better than Xbots but some flex the same muscle spins.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Dishonest? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

FFXVI is not doing great in Japan and you keep in defense control all the time.
Tells much who is being dishonest here.

And I thought PS fans were better than Xbots but some flex the same muscle spins.

Bro keep making this shit up youre really tiresome and anoying with your rethoric

I cant do anything if you dont like facts

Reactions: Box