Final Fantasy 16 was the most played Ps5 title in June.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I loved this game but the reaction from gaming journalists has been....odd. Like ever since the reviews I'm been feeling like there's this weird axe to grind. Between articles a few weeks after launch still trying to drum up political controversy that despite their efforts will not catch on to an article from last week called "FF16 is going to age horribly" it's been a while since I've seen so many people intent on convincing me a game is bad. It's a standard solid single player experience that told a story and ended and yet we're getting post launch coverage like it's a live service game going through a rough patch.

Well first the characters and story are quite gripping. Sure the sidequests can be mundane but I don't see how you weren't affected by Clive, Jill, Cid, and the best sidekick in gaming since Tails, TORGAL

The next thing I'd say is the gameplay and combat. I love the Devil May Cry series so this is very similar - it's the most addictive part for me. I love just going in and hacking and slashing sponge enemies and drilling in new combos. I think the special moves are especially sleek and sick while also harkening back to older Final Fantasy imagery.

I'd also add that the Kaiju battle simulator boss fights are absolutely a selling point for some people. Even if they're only like 2-4 hours total in the game they're undeniably cool as hell and will bring in LOTS of new fans.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
15 million for FF15 is %100 fake data. It’s at 10 million and jury is out if whether that’s even sold and not including subscription downloads. There isn’t a recent report anywhere stating otherwise so that’s definitely some fanboy garbage at work.

FF16 has also dropped out of “top 10 PlayStation games in your country” for a few weeks now. Had a good solid month tho before getting pushed out.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
man those are real

i lost the link cos its been awhile ( that data is from April 2023 if im correct ) i follow so many gaming channel groups twitter etc ive lost count but at least i ve saved the picture

but you seems hellbend on your mad theory about final fantasy game sales and ip are in constant decline while the evidence shows the opposite

youre mad and i hope youre stay mad cos nothing gona change your mind bye loser
It is 100% fake like other are pointing to you.
Sorry. You should start to follow more reliable sources.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
It is 100% fake like other are pointing to you.
Sorry. You should start to follow more reliable sources.
15 is the best selling ff game but selling but only sitting at 10 millions? ( bellow ff7 which sold at total estimate 12,6 m) Something doesnt add up

Either your data is older, only count physical or its only count playstation 4 platform only ( doesnt include pc / remember pc gamer buy lots of game much latter or doesnt include xbox) go figure

• haha

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
FF7 original with all its re-releases is over 14 million. Ff7r is somewhere currently 8-10 million as that data is nebulous and numbers they released included players thru download services (which is how I have the game).

At this moment in time there’s a point to be made that FF16 may not even match 7r’s lifetime sales. I don’t think it will but to be honest since it’s not a very good game at all. So it’s not shocking to see its sales falling off a cliff so soon after launch.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
15 is the best selling ff game but selling but only sitting at 10 millions? ( bellow ff7 which sold at total estimate 12,6 m) Something doesnt add up

Either your data is older, only count physical or its only count playstation 4 platform only ( doesnt include pc / remember pc gamer buy lots of game much latter or doesnt include xbox) go figure
Your data is pure fake.

Original FFVII sold over 14 million combined all releases.
FFXV with over 10 million is 4th or 5th best selling FF not counting MMO.

These are official data not made up.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Anyone who was t delusional could tell this game was gonna sell less than entries. I was called a green rat on this very forum for saying could possibly be the lowest selling mainline Final Fantasy since Final Fantasy 9.

It's a great game but it definitely divided the fanbase and turned away a good chunk of the fanbase. I still see people on here thinking this game will sell 10 - 15 million...

Nothing FF16 did divided the fanbase anymore that FF15. It was exaggerated for sure because its a PS exclusive and its a trend to shit on any PS exclusive. And plus every FF gets hate from a certain percentage of FF fans.
FF8, 9, 10, 12 all got hated on. FF13 and FF15 too. Even FF7 got hated on by FF6 fans. Its just clockwork.

Combat wise. Neither FF11, 12, 14 and especially 15 had traditional combat. So people can stfu about that one for sure.
Cutscene wise. Again seems like people forgot the games always had hours of standing still with dialogue boxes lol. Or you can have the more cinematic walking and talking conversations like FF15 did and that didnt go down well. So what do fans want? They just want to complain, simple.

Setting wise Seems like half the “fans” Havent played FF Before FF6 or FF tactics etc. So its a fake outrage again in my opinion tbh.

Seriously anyone telling you FF15 OR FF12 is anymore of a Final Fantasy game than FF16 is an idiot. Plain and simple

It was bound to sell the least because its a Final Fantasy released on smallest install base in like 22 years. And it still sold well for what it was

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Your data is pure fake.

Original FFVII sold over 14 million combined all releases.
FFXV with over 10 million is 4th or 5th best selling FF not counting MMO.

These are official data not made up.

Final Fantasy XIV has over 24 million registered players, the biggest Square Game of all time and the most profitable.

• they're_right_you_know