Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You know when the first one released I was pretty disappointed in how the story was obviously changed. I really just wanted FF7 redone with modern tech. That's still all they needed to do.

But getting over it all, I'll just take it as it is. I'll check out the second one if it seems good. They ARE doing a fantastic job with the production values side of things IMO.
But it is not the same story/game.
It is a sequel… things will be different indeed.

Imagine the events of Back to the Future 2.

What they are trying to archive with that FFVII sequel is very interesting… I’m really excited to see what will happen because the heroes will need to face different things, take different decisions, choose different paths because they don’t know the present is being changed and what happened in the future… while the villain is trying everything to change his future fate that makes him too take different decision, paths, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: yewles1

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
But it is not the same story/game.
It is a sequel… things will be different indeed.

Imagine the events of Back to the Future 2.

What they are trying to archive with that FFVII sequel is very interesting… I’m really excited to see what will happen because the heroes will need to face different things, take different decisions, choose different paths because they don’t know the present is being changed and what happened in the future… while the villain is trying everything to change his future fate that makes him too take different decision, paths, etc.
I don't want to get into this again, but it was just never sold that way. And the idea that it's a "sequel" but shares 95% of the same story but accounts for the childish desire to "save Aerith" is, IMO, beyond stupid. The WHOLE POINT of the story is learning to deal with death (Hironobu Sakaguchi was inspired by dealing with the death of his mother when making the original) and that you CAN'T bring the person back. Everyone who played this game as kids thought you should be able to bring her back. But, again, that's the point. Death happens. It's part of life. Many young people had not been through that experience yet, and were literally upset you couldn't revive her. I might have even been one of them. I dont remember.

After having gone through the death of my own mother in recent years, I feel like I finally got it. She's not coming back. Ever. The fact that that Nomura thinks its cool to remove that lesson, and pretty much dump on Sakaguchi's mom's grave and the entire point of the story to fulfill some silly kid fantasy is just ... incredibly disrespectful and short sighted. It's a bad story. Period.

Again, never ever sold as a sequel. It was a remake. A sequel doesn't tell the same story all over again with a "twist." And I still hold that opinion, but I can "let it go" at this point. I'll check out Rebirth to see what they do. But I'm treating it for what it is. Fan fiction with high production values. :)

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I don't want to get into this again, but it was just never sold that way. And the idea that it's a "sequel" but shares 95% of the same story but accounts for the childish desire to "save Aerith" is, IMO, beyond stupid. The WHOLE POINT of the story is learning to deal with death (Hironobu Sakaguchi was inspired by dealing with the death of his mother when making the original) and that you CAN'T bring the person back. Everyone who played this game as kids thought you should be able to bring her back. But, again, that's the point. Death happens. It's part of life. Many young people had not been through that experience yet, and were literally upset you couldn't revive her. I might have even been one of them. I dont remember.

After having gone through the death of my own mother in recent years, I feel like I finally got it. She's not coming back. Ever. The fact that that Nomura thinks its cool to remove that lesson, and pretty much dump on Sakaguchi's mom's grave and the entire point of the story to fulfill some silly kid fantasy is just ... incredibly disrespectful and short sighted. It's a bad story. Period.

Again, never ever sold as a sequel. It was a remake. A sequel doesn't tell the same story all over again with a "twist." And I still hold that opinion, but I can "let it go" at this point. I'll check out Rebirth to see what they do. But I'm treating it for what it is. Fan fiction with high production values. :)
I'm not sure what are you implying because I believe she will die but not like it happened because the events are being changed.

It is a sequel to FFVII that happens after the game... and after the novels Black and White where Sephiroth and Aeris to decide who will control the lifestream when Sephiroth found a way to change what happened in the past and so that give birth to Remake.... Sephiroth is trying to remake it own story.

And the lead us to the next title... Rebirth...

Reactions: yewles1

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
20226172403158_1.jpg

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is an action role-playing game developed and published by Square Enix.
It is the second in a planned trilogy of games acting as a sequel to the 2020 PlayStation game Final Fantasy VII Remake.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is slated to release next winter.

EbonyRainbow

They / Them
24 Jun 2022
I need this game in my veins!!!! CANNOT WAIT.

Is there hope for something more happening based off the last ending?

d8sh9i0-2830fcaf-b67d-422d-9e95-bf46f3028bdc.jpg

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I’m really interested in how the story will follow due the changes due the Sephiroth from the future.

IMO I believe he doesn’t want Arris dying and will try to make everything to mataime she alive.

But of course she will end dying to merge with the lifestream.

P

peter42O

FFVIIR won me over so im day one for Rebirth. Really enjoyed Remake so looking forward to jumping back into the world of FF7.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75
Status
Not open for further replies.