Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is exclusive to PS5 until at least May 29th, 2024 News & Announcements

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
But didnt some of you guys panic over a tweet an xbox fan made?
Yall made it sound like its coming to Gamepass 3 months after its released.

Same FUD and run when a couple of douches said the Naughty Dog Factions game has been cancelled without any evidence….

I love this post right here

🤭

• haha
Reactions: Kokoloko

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I love this post right here

🤭
I think some of these people have given themselves brain-rot from being on these forums for too long and have allowed themselves to be sucked into this downward spiral by trolls and shills.

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
All zenimax games were third party & soon Activision blizzard games but when they get turned exclusive it's fine because Xbox parent company has the money to buy the publisher's you Microsoft shill
Yes but SE is still independent. So what are you saying?

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Yes but SE is still independent. So what are you saying?
You're on here talking about who cares it's 3rd party & then when the next doom or the evil within gets announced that were 3rd party games & they're exclusive to Xbox you'll be on here high fiving yourself elated that Xbox got took something that was multiplatform (console) & took it away

24 Jun 2022
FF7 will not be on Xbox unless MS has found a way to get through business contracts

Which Phil Spencer himself even mentioned recently on IGN about FF7 and FF16.

You're quoting a source going with the language of Sony "blocking" those games from Xbox. Do you remember what also happened during this ABK saga? A bunch of MS-funded Senators making threats to "investigate and punish" Sony for "blocking Japanese games from releasing on Xbox".

And now with Rebirth, the initial exclusivity window drops from 1 year to 3 months? Why does that happen, for a company that's said they want PlayStation to be "the home of Final Fantasy"? Why does that happen, after Square-Enix gets a new CEO? A new CEO who was very quick to start pushing better optics between SE and Microsoft?

C'mon, you are better than this. Some kind of wrench has been thrown in the dynamic between Sony and Square-Enix. I'm not using anyone else's words or thoughts to reach this conclusion, just common sense from analyzing a pattern of events and connecting some dots. Could I be wrong? Of course. And, I would actually hope I am wrong in this case. But something regarding the deal for Rebirth just doesn't seem right, if we're talking about Sony and Square-Enix's partnership being as ironclad as when FF VII, Intergrade, XVI, Forspoken etc. deals were made.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I
You're quoting a source going with the language of Sony "blocking" those games from Xbox. Do you remember what also happened during this ABK saga? A bunch of MS-funded Senators making threats to "investigate and punish" Sony for "blocking Japanese games from releasing on Xbox".

And now with Rebirth, the initial exclusivity window drops from 1 year to 3 months? Why does that happen, for a company that's said they want PlayStation to be "the home of Final Fantasy"? Why does that happen, after Square-Enix gets a new CEO? A new CEO who was very quick to start pushing better optics between SE and Microsoft?

C'mon, you are better than this. Some kind of wrench has been thrown in the dynamic between Sony and Square-Enix. I'm not using anyone else's words or thoughts to reach this conclusion, just common sense from analyzing a pattern of events and connecting some dots. Could I be wrong? Of course. And, I would actually hope I am wrong in this case. But something regarding the deal for Rebirth just doesn't seem right, if we're talking about Sony and Square-Enix's partnership being as ironclad as when FF VII, Intergrade, XVI, Forspoken etc. deals were made.
I'm willing to bet the terms of that deal were made long before those senators started blowing hot air. I'm not sure how you guys can stand being in a constant state of panic and despair over every little thing that happens and speculate based on pretty large leaps in logic. At any rate, I'm playing the shit out of this game, just like I did with FF16 despite all the hate and negativity that was thrown its way.

Feels like this forum has gotten worse since I joined, despite the majority of the worst trolls having been banned.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022

There does seem to be some cosmic, poetic justice where the more Microsoft tries to brute force their way this generation, the worse they do. Sales down double digits year over year in last months npds that came out today and starfield being star mid just recent examples.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022

Yes I know the name of the game with these regulatory trials is to lie and make the other company look bad. But that’s a very specific thing to lie about. It’s not hard to believe either seeing how the game is still not on Xbox and only went to PC. Pretty simple to come to the conclusion that Sony has an exclusive deal with FF7.

Once again people are harping this 3 month time frame. That’s all it is. It does not mean the game will be everywhere else after May. FF7R 1 already had a 1 year deal and it never showed up on PC until almost 2 years later. No Xbox.

Maybe Sony felt they don’t need to pay for a longer deal since they know it will be console exclusive to PS5 anyway? Who knows.

If both games do end up on Switch 2 and Xbox then that’s still not really Sony’s fault. That means the new president is no longer taking Sonys money and wants their games on all platforms. I don’t know. That doesn’t automatically mean success anyway as we’ve seen from other games going multiplatform so he better know what he’s doing.

Games being exclusive to a console, especially PS5, has a certain Ora and excitement that some multiplatform all you can eat type games do not have.

If the new Square Enix president falls for Phil Spencer’s fake narrative about play everywhere and billions of gamepass players like they fooled Sega and Bandai Namco with, then fuck them too. Their games deserve to end up becoming worthless if they abandon the console and loyal fanbase that made their games like Final Fantasy become popular and a global success.

But as of right now I don’t believe the relationship with Sony went bad or anything. FF7 is still exclusive to PlayStation. And so are some other games. We’ll see what happens with FF and future exclusive deals.

Last edited:

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I

I'm willing to bet the terms of that deal were made long before those senators started blowing hot air. I'm not sure how you guys can stand being in a constant state of panic and despair over every little thing that happens and speculate based on pretty large leaps in logic. At any rate, I'm playing the shit out of this game, just like I did with FF16 despite all the hate and negativity that was thrown its way.

Feels like this forum has gotten worse since I joined, despite the majority of the worst trolls having been banned.
The doomposting gets old very fast.

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
I meant that the exclusive clause was 6 months but it didn’t show up anywhere else after 20 months. Maybe that was a different game.
First it was 12 months and then 6 months for Intergrade

• Informative
Reactions: Entropi

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
The artificial scarcity tactic does nothing for me since I wait a year to play most new releases.