First Contact Entertainment (Firewall Ultra PSVR2) - Shutting Down. Another bites the dust!

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
PSVR2 is going to be Vita 2.0 where Sony went along shutting down partnerships and studios as if they were at fault for the Vita bombing.

Zipper Interactive - Unit 13 💀
Bigbig Studios - Little Deviants 💀
Guerrilla Cambridge - Killzone: Mercenary 💀
Psygnosis - Wipeout 2048 💀
Japan Studio - Gravity Rush/Soul Sacrifice/Freedom Wars 💀(later on)

Nihilistic Software - Resistance: Burning Skies 💀
Sanzaru Games - Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time/God of War Collection/The Sly Collection (never worked with Sony again)

Last edited:
  • thinking_hard
Reactions: anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
maybe they shouldn't have made a lazy cashgrab game and it would've saved their company

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
They ported a psvr1 game and tried to sell shite telling us it smells like roses.

Didn’t realise it would go this bad tho. Such a shame.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
PSVR2 is going to be Vita 2.0 where Sony went along shutting down partnerships and studios as if they were at fault for the Vita bombing.

Zipper Interactive - Unit 13 💀
Bigbig Studios - Little Deviants 💀
Guerrilla Cambridge - Killzone: Mercenary 💀
Psygnosis - Wipeout 2048 💀
Japan Studio - Gravity Rush/Soul Sacrifice/Freedom Wars 💀(later on)

Nihilistic Software - Resistance: Burning Skies 💀
Loved almost all those games top smh.

• sad
Reactions: Nhomnhom
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
They ported a psvr1 game and tried to sell shite telling us it smells like roses.

Didn’t realise it would go this bad tho. Such a shame.
Yeah the consensus is they could have done so much more with Firewall.

Reactions: Shmunter

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
PSVR2 simply shouldn't have existed that's just that... Especially without PC compatibility. Mistakes all around this era of playstation.

This generation should have have only been PS5 + accessories

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
PSVR2 simply shouldn't have existed that's just that... Especially without PC compatibility. Mistakes all around this era of playstation.

I don't have one, lack of PC compatibility and lack of PSVR retro is the reason.

No Astro Bot is something I'll never understand.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I don't have one, lack of PC compatibility and lack of PSVR retro is the reason.

No Astro Bot is something I'll never understand.
Pc compatibility is not a factor, it’s a ps5 peripheral designed to sell an eco system, not give hardware away. Lack of PSVR1 compatibility however is highly offensive, no doubt about it.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Pc compatibility is not a factor, it’s a ps5 peripheral designed to sell an eco system, not give hardware away. Lack of PSVR1 compatibility however is highly offensive, no doubt about it.
To me it is a factor, that is why I bought a Quest instead. The Quest didn't have to support PCVR but it does.

Maybe they could just charge extra for a PC adapter to make up for a potential loss on hardware. It's not like they are running out of the product on shelves. It would be great for people that own both a PS5 and a PC.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

OH hell nah. It has tons of games still and I'm happy Sony has kept up with it as I love my PSVR2. It's pushing the medium forward on console when no one else would. Sony knew they wouldn't be a big money maker.Things such as these is why Sony gets thousands of dollars from me in gaming related purchases.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
OH hell nah. It has tons of games still and I'm happy Sony has kept up with it as I love PSVR.
I like that they tried but I don't like how they seem to have moved away from it without any reasonable marketing push. RE4 VR mode released this month and easily could've gone unnoticed by the average PS fan based on how little they promoted it.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Well clearly it's not selling the ecosystem since PlayStation owners don't want it lol.

They just admitted they overestimated market demand for it few days ago.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Well clearly it's not selling the ecosystem since PlayStation owners don't want it lol.

They just admitted they overestimated market demand for it few days ago.
Don't want it? Or not at its price point. There's alot of variables in these things. I know few ppl tht want it just not $550 dollars want it. Sony knew at tht price it wouldn't fly off shelves shit since the price point was shown every forum knew it.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
OH hell nah. It has tons of games still and I'm happy Sony has kept up with it as I love my PSVR2.it's pushing the medium forward on console when no one else would. Sony knew tho wouldn't be a big money maker.
It's a money sink and I also own one but I can admit it's simply a waste of time and resources at this point.

The barrier to entire the PlayStation ecosystem is simply too expensive for anyone to care about VR except a few hardcore gamers