First Contact Entertainment (Firewall Ultra PSVR2) - Shutting Down. Another bites the dust!

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
They would've been an excellent studio to help develop a COD clone. Sony should have let them branch out from VR, I bet firewall would've took off it was on flatscreen

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
It won't get mass adoption, still too expensive. Just like Psvr1.
Even if the price drops it's still not gonna reach mass adoption but yes price is one of the factors. Without the software that drives casuals to the hardware it's not gonna get there.

Stuff like RE4 coming so long after the actual release isn't gonna help either.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Even if the price drops it's still not gonna reach mass adoption but yes price is one of the factors. Without the software that drives casuals to the hardware it's not gonna get there.

Stuff like RE4 coming so long after the actual release isn't gonna help either.
LOL wym we was already eating with Village in VR upon release. There was no rush for RE4 it's much of the same but little more action. PSVR 2 has had weekly game drops regardless if they are ports but Thyve had some good ass ports. Ppl tht say "it has no games are disgenuous asf" if tht even exists. Of course I would want more AAA Sony first party games for it but with tht said I have plenty to play on it, as a matter of fact I have a backlog.

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
LOL wym we was already eating with Village in VR upon release. There was no rush for RE4 it's much of the same but little more action. PSVR 2 has had weekly Gane drops regardless of they are ports but Thyve had some good ass ports. Ppl tht say "it has no games are disgenuous asf" if tht even exists. Of course I would want more AAA Sony first party games for it but with tht said I have plenty to play on it, as a matter of fact I have a backlog.
Well I never implied it has no games but like I said it needs games that appeal to the mass casuals which it doesn't have. Where is it Wii Sports for example... It needs mainstream AAA / AA original content not just ports.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I assume this means that the game didn't perform as expected and that they weren't able to sign a new game to develop after it. Let's hope all of them find a job somewhere.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
The hate for PSVR2 from “PlayStation fans” is crazy to me. You guys really fell for Xbox fanboy talking points and it shows.

Saying it’s an L because it’s not PC compatible…that’s straight up a PC/Xbox fanboy talking point. Why would a PS5 owner care about PC? And Sony obviously isn’t profiting much at all from the headset, they might still be losing a bit on it. So yall want them to take a loss on their headset they spent years and millions of dollars developing just so Valve can make all the money without doing any work? I don’t think you guys realize how dumb it sounds when you say PSVR2 should’ve been PC compatible day 1.

Why not just put Steam on the PS5 in that case? There are a lot of games not on PS5 that I want to play, the PS5 can easily run them, so there shouldn’t be an issue, right? I guess that makes Sony stupid and anti consumer for not letting me use my powerful PS5 to play Steam games. 🙄

And these are the same PlayStation fans that complain about Sonys “lack of variety” and that Sony needs to take more risk. Then these people will turn around and say the PSVR2 shouldn’t exist 🤦‍♂️

Next gen if Sony stops doing anything remotely risky, I better not hear any of you complain.

More like Failwall Ultra. Whose fault is it that they released an unfinished game?
Exactly, they have no one to blame but themselves. They had the spotlight on them and choked badly.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
More like Failwall Ultra. Whose fault is it that they released an unfinished game?
I had such high hopes for Firewall but I was disappointed.
Breachers is out. Native 120hz, anyone played it?

The people seems to have loved the previous game, 79MC and 83 user score. And this one looked more ambitious with big MP plans. I thought it was going to be successful in the small PSVR2 scales, but people appaently didn't like it.

I never played it and didn't watch any review (I don't have PSVR2). I just saw it has a 61MC (and 43 user score). Was that bad and unfinished? What are its issues, what did they do wrong?

And these are the same PlayStation fans that complain about Sonys “lack of variety” and that Sony needs to take more risk. Then these people will turn around and say the PSVR2 shouldn’t exist 🤦‍♂️
Yes. Some of them also talk about lack of Sony game releases and communication while also ignoring their PSVR2 titles.

Last edited:
  • Shake
Reactions: JAHGamer