First images of the Silent Hill 2 Remake by Bloober have leaked (Timed PS Console Exclusive, New Endings, & more confirmed via VGC & other sou

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Yea being attached to some no name developer of one and done gameplay genres is highly concerning .

Bloober has an uphill battle. They have to make a game they don’t necessarily make.

Listen things have surprised us, Retro studios came out the gate with an absolute banger when the industry doubted them when they did Metroid prime… but… yo… I have little hope here.

To be honest… Konami has released like absolutely nothing since MGSV. I figured they were dead and a shell publisher… and it still looks that way. I wouldn’t be sad if they were closed and gutted for all their IPs.

24 Jun 2022
Gotta say, so far it looks much better than the usual Bloober game.

Perhaps PlayStation Studios is directly involved (like they are with KOTOR) and that's why (1) it's an exclusive, and (2) looks more like a PlayStation Studios game with the over-the-shoulder camera and improved visuals etc?

IIRC Sony are co-funding the SH2 remake and that was probably a requirement in order to have some involvement with SH5 (the completely new game) and Project Sakura.

I think the over-the-shoulder stuff is just more due to that's how third-person action-adventure & horror games have been trending for a long time now, especially for non open-world games. But Sony has a few games of that ilk as well (Order 1886, GOW 2018 and Ragnarok coming up, etc.). I'd probably say it's mostly inspired by the RE2 & RE3 remakes in regards to camera, though.

That said, I hope there's an option for "classic" camera mode and wished RE2 Remake had it as well. For SH2 though it's maybe even more important because the original game very deliberately used camera angles and cuts to feed into the story, atmosphere, tension, narrative and level design. The Stop Skeletons From Fighting channel on Youtube has an excellent documentary on the design of the Historical Society level from SH2 that gets deep into it, as just one example. You might've seen it already tho, it's a few years old:

Why remake SH2 and not SH1 as well? IMO it would make zero sense.

TBH SH1 would've been the safer option for a remake. It has its fans but it's not revered in the way SH2 is.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
IIRC Sony are co-funding the SH2 remake and that was probably a requirement in order to have some involvement with SH5 (the completely new game) and Project Sakura.

I think the over-the-shoulder stuff is just more due to that's how third-person action-adventure & horror games have been trending for a long time now, especially for non open-world games. But Sony has a few games of that ilk as well (Order 1886, GOW 2018 and Ragnarok coming up, etc.). I'd probably say it's mostly inspired by the RE2 & RE3 remakes in regards to camera, though.

That said, I hope there's an option for "classic" camera mode and wished RE2 Remake had it as well. For SH2 though it's maybe even more important because the original game very deliberately used camera angles and cuts to feed into the story, atmosphere, tension, narrative and level design. The Stop Skeletons From Fighting channel on Youtube has an excellent documentary on the design of the Historical Society level from SH2 that gets deep into it, as just one example. You might've seen it already tho, it's a few years old:

TBH SH1 would've been the safer option for a remake. It has its fans but it's not revered in the way SH2 is.
I've been hearing about this Project Sakura a lot recently. What is it?

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
This is going to be sucky sucky. It would have been way better for this Bloober team if they just made a sequel instead of a remake. Silent Hill fans will eat them alive if it turns out to be a disaster, which what I hope and i am sure it will be.

Also Konami going from P.T to this abomination 🤮 Konami should have filled for bankruptcy a long time ago. Karma for Kojima.

4 Sep 2022
Inappropriate behavior
This is going to be sucky sucky. It would have been way better for them if they just made a sequel instead of a remake. Silent Hill fans will eat them alive if it turns out to be a disaster, which what I hope and i am sure it will be.

Also Konami going for P.T to this abomination 🤮 Konami should have filled for bankruptcy a long time ago. Karma for Kojima.
Shut up bitch.

Last edited by a moderator: