Foamstars Going Free to Play Starting October 4th

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
There's not a relevant amount of people who will be pissed. Steam probably has less than 1000 active players.
How many more are there on the PS5? 10x more?
That makes it 11000 people. At best.
And you don't know how many of those are devs from other Sony studios who were given codes to play.

11k people being pissed off isn't relevant for Sony at all, and I bet most of those will be happy with a refund.

I believe they can, as long as they take the game off the market.

It's what Disney did with the Willow series, for example. After releasing it to dismal viewership, they nuked the series from existence and wrote off its spendings for tax reliefs.

If theres 10k sales, and there all playing and happy, then Sony can afford to keep some servers on. Its not that expensive for them.
I wouldnt be happy, people on the game Im talking to are all enjoying it for now.

Yall need to relax lol, the game has flopped. Move on with you lives instead of trying to predict when its gonna be shut down and it needing to be.
Destruction All Stars only had the servers stop working in May this year. Sony will probably put it on PS+ and FP2 before its shut down

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Damn, Concord is a flop but again weird how some can't allow the game to simply exist being a flop lol. Why does it need to be killed off?

The weekly CGI stuff are fairly short and probably isn't as expensive as people think just a few long cutscenes diced up to be spread out.

I'd hate to be the devs having to deal with the nonstop hate, when they know they mad WA perfectly good game

They’ve probably filmed all the weeks till season 3. I doubt they will film more.

Destruction All Stars only had server issues this May and with the team sold off and Sony not supporting it theres now way to get it back online. Concord doesnt need to be actively shut down lol

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
They’ve probably filmed all the weeks till season 3. I doubt they will film more.

Destruction All Stars only had server issues this May and with the team sold off and Sony not supporting it theres now way to get it back online. Concord doesnt need to be actively shut down lol
They don't need to film anymore either. To be honest they never needed any. The anime shorts should have been what they had in game for the characters.

But I guess they wanted to still have some cinematic approach to the multiplayer.

I'm surprised Sony kept up Destruction as long as they did. I never gave it a try unfortunately, but Sony has never really just abandoned their Multiplayer games either. I can give them that much credit

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They don't need to film anymore either. To be honest they never needed any. The anime shorts should have been what they had in game for the characters.

But I guess they wanted to still have some cinematic approach to the multiplayer.

I'm surprised Sony kept up Destruction as long as they did. I never gave it a try unfortunately, but Sony has never really just abandoned their Multiplayer games either. I can give them that much credit

I have no idea what the fucking story lol, I will check out the lore map, but Ive been having fun with the matches. But I like voice acting. Some cheesy/cringe scripts at time, but its pretty decent. It has kept that PS quality with the facial animations

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
If theres 10k sales, and there all playing and happy, then Sony can afford to keep some servers on. Its not that expensive for them

If the game cost e.g. $150M to make, of which they paid e.g. 20% tax and they can write it off and get those 20% back ($30M) then they'll probably prefer paying back the $500k to the current gamers and nuke the whole thing.

But the game probably cost a lot more than $150M, as they already have a bunch of weeks' worth of super expensive CGI trailers.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Yes, I loved what I played of this game back in June but couldn't keep PS Plus. Now I get to jump back in.

Reactions: Kokoloko