Former Diablo devs launch Gas Giant Games

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
This was announced in Mid March but I didn't see any news on here so forgive me if this is old news.

A pair of former developers from Blizzard Entertainment have formed their own studio, Gas Giant Games. Both of the co-founders, Jay Wilson and Julian Love, previously worked on the developer's Diablo franchise.

Wilson was the director of 2012's Diablo III and later departed Blizzard (and the entire game industry) in 2016. When he left, he said it was to pursue writing, which he had called his "original passion." Love, meanwhile, departed Blizzard in late 2021, and had previously been a combat designer for Diablo Immortal and the incoming Diablo IV.

At Gas Giant, Love will be the creative director, while Wilson will be its design director. Both men told VentureBeat their staff has developers who've worked on games such as Cyberpunk 2077, Kingdom Hearts, and their former studio's Overwatch.

They further revealed the studio's debut project will be an original action-RPG

https://www.gasgiant.games/about-us

Other games the developers worked on:
Game+Logos%402x.png

What's interesting that the Developer's twitter account is currently following only one console platform holder - PlayStation (could this be another unannounced partner studio like Deviation or possibly multiplatform ARPG in the future?)

D

Deleted member 417

Cyberpunk
Diablo 3
Diablo immortal
Gears 5
Dragon Age 2

All games broken on launch. Terrible pedigree.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Cyberpunk
Diablo 3
Diablo immortal
Gears 5
Dragon Age 2

All games broken on launch. Terrible pedigree.
Look at them from the prospective of game design and art.
It's not the fault of developers that their MBA guys decided to release the game when it's not ready.

D

Deleted member 417

Look at them from the prospective of game design and art.
It's not the fault of developers that their MBA guys decided to release the game when it's not ready.
The designs and art of diablo 3, gears 5 and dragon age 2, were further away from their respective sequels and often times, crap.

I enjoyed DA2 for what it was, but it wasn't a DA game.