Former Mass Effect lead writer Mac Walters says the success of the Legendary Edition helped convince him to leave BioWare:

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1703013560706.png

After Legendary Edition, because it was so successful to me as a project, in the sense of the team was healthy, we really got along, then of course it was critically and financially successful, it just felt like, this is the bow on all the things I've done in Mass Effect, which is like all the things. I don't want to do any more Mass Effect after this. Why tempt fate?

Heil68

30 Nov 2023
Mass Effect 3 was pinnacle for me. Took day off work, midnight launch, legendary edition. Great Game!

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
View attachment 3369

After Legendary Edition, because it was so successful to me as a project, in the sense of the team was healthy, we really got along, then of course it was critically and financially successful, it just felt like, this is the bow on all the things I've done in Mass Effect, which is like all the things. I don't want to do any more Mass Effect after this. Why tempt fate?
Translation: BioWare was turning to utter shit around me and the re-release of my biggest hits has raised my market value, so Edmonton can kiss my ass goodbye!