Former Ready At Dawn Studios Developer Matt Pettineo Joins Sony Santa Monica As Principal Rendering Programmer!

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023

Andrea Pessino when then? He deserved it, just because of that :

FAkAhutXoAAvC6b

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

Andrea Pessino when then? He deserved it, just because of that :

FAkAhutXoAAvC6b

Ready at Dawn with an injection of Sony money and resources would be a great studio for PlayStation. They are a very talented studio that are culturally aligned with PlayStation devs (including previous work with their IPs/studios as well as experience with VR). They just got hanged because of one game that didn't work out (the same could've happened to Bend had they been forced to release Days Gone earlier, not to mention SSM that got one of their games cancelled).

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Ready at Dawn with an injection of Sony money and resources would be a great studio for PlayStation. They are a very talented studio that are culturally aligned with PlayStation devs (including previous work with their IPs/studios as well as experience with VR). They just got hanged because of one game that didn't work out (the same could've happened to Bend had they been forced to release Days Gone earlier, not to mention SSM that got one of their games cancelled).

If Order 1886 was a success, i am willing to bet Sony would have bought them. They made great psp GOW games nad Daxter was the best Jak spinoff

• sad
Reactions: Nhomnhom

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Fuckkk yesss! As a fan of computer graphics, this guy was a big reason behind why The Order 1886 looked so good. Almost cgi quality at times. I lowkey wish he was joining Guerilla so he could work on Decima, but SSM is fine too. SSM have lost the graphics crown for a while now, I don't find GOWR that good looking. I just hope more Ready At Dawn folks like Andrea find there way back to Playstation

Reactions: Deleted member 417

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Fuckkk yesss! As a fan of computer graphics, this guy was a big reason behind why The Order 1886 looked so good. Almost cgi quality at times. I lowkey wish he was joining Guerilla so he could work on Decima, but SSM is fine too. SSM have lost the graphics crown for a while now, I don't find GOWR that good looking. I just hope more Ready At Dawn folks like Andrea find there way back to Playstation
IMO, any shortcoming with Ragnarok's graphics was down to it being crossgen.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
IMO, any shortcoming with Ragnarok's graphics was down to it being crossgen.
It doesn't look that great to me even for a cross gen game. HFW, and Miles both look better to me. GoW 2018 didn't look that great to me either so they haven't really impressed me for a while. None of their games look bad artistically, it's the engine which looks dated to me.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
It doesn't look that great to me even for a cross gen game. HFW, and Miles both look better to me. GoW 2018 didn't look that great to me either so they haven't really impressed me for a while. None of their games look bad artistically, it's the engine which looks dated to me.

Asgard looked amazing, almost life like at some stages

• they're_right_you_know

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Great news, the Ready at Dawn people are super talented. The rendering of The Order still looks great today.

If Order 1886 was a success, i am willing to bet Sony would have bought them.
Across history Sony had a ton of very successful 2nd party games and didn't buy most of their studios.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
So, Santa Monica do realize they have to improve their engine. Ragnarok didn't show much progress over GOW 2018.
Agreed, if anybody could come and save that engine, it's this man. They just need to give him free reign to implement all the techniques he did in the order to make it look so CGI quality.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Agreed, if anybody could come and save that engine, it's this man. They just need to give him free reign to implement all the techniques he did in the order to make it look so CGI quality.
The GOW isn't bad from rendering side. It's actually good.
The problem seems to be eith how it handles data streaming. Hence, they have small levels and too many squeeze sections. Even for last gen standards, it was too much.

Reactions: Nhomnhom