Forspoken – Launch Trailer Released

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I think it looks pretty good. Some weird choices but I prefer weird choices and custom engines rather than another clone game.
edit: Anyone getting it:? What platform?
I am thinking about getting it on ps5 disc based since it's the cheapest option... but ssds are so cheap nowadays, I've been thinking more and more about going all digital ... But I love my stupid boxes and owning games in some way. I could still get it on steam but seems like more of a ps5 game to me

Last edited:
Reactions: arvfab

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I think it looks pretty good. Some weird choices but I prefer weird choices and custom engines rather than another clone game.
I am thinking about getting it on ps5 disc based since it's the cheapest option... but ssds are so cheap nowadays, I've been thinking more and more about going all digital ... But I love my stupid boxes and owning games in some way. I could still get it on steam but seems like more of a ps5 game to me
PS5 steelbook edition. Pre-ordered by friends as a present for my birthday last year, they had to tell me after the delay(s) 😂

Would still have gotten it day 1.

Reactions: rofif

xor

29 Sep 2022
"Launch trailer"
"Development footage, subject to change"
Not really what you want to see.

Anyway, the leaked footage looks quite weak to me. I'll refrain from making final judgements based on leaks (we all know how that turns out...), but I doubt this is going to make a big impact honestly.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
i wished they saturated colors more. it would make it more pop and look better.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I'm getting it on PS5 physical. Already preordered at a local store paid with credits. I had fun with the demo.

I can sell it back in the store or on marketplace in 2 or 3 months when I'm done.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Square are only sending review codes to select reviewers to skew the metas on launch, apparently.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
imagine, your ego so big, that you are entitled to free copy for review 😂
fucking hell, these uranalist and reviewers freeloaders 😂

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Reviewer NDA one day before release never looks good... few games did that for whatever reason and delivered perfection.
The PC lack of codes is a know issue in the industry... most Publishers just send console codes... it is not ideal so the complain is valid.

Now not receiving review code... no Publisher are required/forced to send any review code... they don't need to send it to all reviewers... they can send to whatever they want.
That never did stop reviewers work that can buy the game at day one and review it.

To be fair I believe we need to change how reviews are done nowdays... in the past you did the review before the launch with the Gold copy of the game... the one that will be played by everybody because there is no way patch games after being shipped... so these review before launch really worked.
But in today industry there already a common practice to delivery day one patches that changes or fix the game completely whatever I like or not... so reviewers are always reviewing a alpha phase of the game that is not ideal.
Reviewers in today industry should wait at least the day one patch to reviewer the games and that means the review could be done only after the release.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Reviewer NDA one day before release never looks good... few games did that for whatever reason and delivered perfection.
The PC lack of codes is a know issue in the industry... most Publishers just send console codes... it is not ideal so the complain is valid.

Now not receiving review code... no Publisher are required/forced to send any review code... they don't need to send it to all reviewers... they can send to whatever they want.
That never did stop reviewers work that can buy the game at day one and review it.
it is releasing on tuesday, so either monday or friday reviews can hit. usually, it is 2 days till release when embargo fells. so obviously monday was logical date for embargo. very very little number of games have embargo earlier then 2 days.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Shill Up should review his cyberbug review before crying for codes.

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
This is not surprising at all. As someone who reviewed dozens off titles we've been declined on games like Gotham Knights while getting Elden Ring 2 weeks prior to launch and almost a month prior for God of War Ragnarok.

Publishers favoritism does exist and your metrics do also matter. It's a cutthroat world out there. Metacritic is everything to these people and whether people care about reviews or not the Publishers sure do and that's how they determine good sales vs bad sales.

Forspoken has jank written all over it. Starting from the crappy Luminous engine and all the way to a obnoxiously protagonist and horrible looking textures. This game won't do well.

Day 1 embargo are also a huge red flag. Confident publishers will have an earlier embargo if they have any faith in the product they're selling.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: adamsapple

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Day 1 embargo are also a huge red flag. Confident publishers will have an earlier embargo if they have any faith in the product they're selling.

This game is doing the double whammy of not only having a late review embargo, but not sending out review copies to so many outlets at all so they can't even *have* a review ready for launch day.

It just means most outlets will be getting their copies on launch day then scrambling to get a review out in 3, 4 days which will only make it worse as people will be rushing through rather than getting a chance to enjoy the game leisurely.