Forza MS mp Framerate is Locked on PC to match Xbox Series S

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
While it is fair.

It is some of the issues created by CrossPlay.
If you wants to everybody be in equal terms in a competitive way you will ending limiting all players to a common denominator.

All the fucked that CrossPlay added to ecosystems I explained years ago when MS paid press to spread it as something essential (to hide the real issue... lower player count in Xbox version of the games) is still happening several years after the forced decision to PS owners.

Naruto is another recent example of what Crossplay affect games lol (if you want CrossPlay you end being limited to 30fps... imagine playing a match in 60fps and then next one in 30fps why a PS4/SeriesS/etc players entered... it is an abomination tha doesn't even give the eyes the time to adapt correctly).

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Phil to xbots
Millionaire Middle Finger GIF by FeddyFastRacing

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I think they should find a way to lock the size of the image on the screen to a standard size (maybe 24") so that everybody gets to see the same size and resolution when they play together.

Just to be on the safe side.

Thief1987

23 Feb 2023
Next will be no racing wheels in MP to not disadvantage controller-only players.
Well, wheels give much more advantages over gamepad than 60 vs 60+ fps. I don't even think that high framerate even that advantageous in the racing games.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
This shit is funny. How framerate is an advantage on a racing game? 😆
It is really an advantage...

The better the framerate the better your timing to brake or enter a turn.
Even Rocket League that is a fully Arcade racing takes advantage of 120fps for example.

Said that consoles imo needs to have fixed targets.
PC can have what they want that I don't care.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Nah. That's bullshit. Anyone who plays racing games memorise every braking point and every turning point.
It is not bullshit.
You memorise it but can't do it perfectly every time... higher the framerate the best you will be close to that perfect spot and more constant you will be.

BTW unless you are a machine it is not because you memorised something that you can do it all the time lol if not all real racing could do the same time in all laps.

image-2023-08-25-163314739.png

image-2023-08-25-163449240.png

You can do 1 second or perhaps some dozen of mileseconds faster? Yes... that's all matter for competition in racing games.

Last edited:
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
No splitsecreen & locked at 30fps online because of series S 🤣🤣 come on phil tell us this was also a creative choice this week has been an absolute shit show for series S the cracks are really starting to show

Reactions: Box

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Well it never says that does it , I assumed it meant locked to 30fps , locked 60 is fine
The title is a bit lacking I guess... it could be...

"Forza MS mp Framerate is Locked on PC to match Xbox Series X|S" or "Series X and S".

All platforms are locked in 60fps... the issue is that PC is used to change that and now it is locked.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
The title is a bit lacking I guess... it could be...

"Forza MS mp Framerate is Locked on PC to match Xbox Series X|S" or "Series X and S".

All platforms are locked in 60fps... the issue is that PC is used to change that and now it is locked.
I wouldn't want to play crossplay with pc players anyway I'd disable it Microsoft likes to force it though

Reactions: Box and ethomaz
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I wouldn't want to play crossplay with pc players anyway I'd disable it Microsoft likes to force it though

The issue is, its on by default so even if you do turn it off you won't find as much players.

I prefer to play with offline bots over OC players

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Nah. That's bullshit. Anyone who plays racing games memorise every braking point and every turning point.
Honestly, you need to try it for yourself... at high speed there are things you just don't get to see happening.

It made a pretty big difference in the faster cars in GTA 7 for me, AND it feels better.