Four Xbox Games are going multiplatform (Pentiment, Sea of Thieves, Grounded, Hi-Fi Rush). Starfield and indiana Jones not coming to other platforms

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

Update: Games are:

Pentiment
Hi-Fi Rush
Grounded

Sea of Thieves

Xbox will make 4 (unnamed) titles available for PS and/or Switch. Worried about the impact on Xbox hardware? Phil Spencer tells me boosting games sales can help fund future hardware, including new form factors:

ZojUjDf.png

Xbox chief Phil Spencer doesn't rule out Starfield and Indiana Jones coming to PS5. "I don't think we should as an industry ever rule out a game going to any other platform.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
so fucking cringe

why would you make a whole podcast to announce 4 tiny games going

the brand decision making for this company makes no fucking sense
Because it’s not what they anticipated. They will make a business meeting most likely in march to address this properly.
This was made in reaction to last week’s leaks and meltdowns.

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
Because it’s not what they anticipated. They will make a business meeting most likely in march to address this properly.
This was made in reaction to last week’s leaks and meltdowns.

dont even address anything

by turning this in this whole circus they've literally done more damage then harm

no one understands what this company is even doing anymore

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Really dumb marketing. You make a podcast to say 4 games are going to your competitors, now your audience is going to start checking for your competitors platforms instead. Idiots.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Phil " just 4 games released to PlayStation, no promises on future games."

What Phil really means is, we are testing the waters with a couple of titles as we are shit scared of the backlash if we announce more at the moment

Best rest assured we will put a lot more on other systems once the pushback has died down.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Phil " just 4 games released to PlayStation, no promises on future games."

What Phil really means is, we are testing the waters with a couple of titles as we are shit scared of the backlash if we announce more at the moment

Best rest assured we will put a lot more on other systems once the pushback has died down.

Yes. You can bet more is coming

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
PeterOvo is already lying lol

Meanwhile, the actual quote:

“I don’t think we should as an industry ever rule out a game going to any other platform,” says Spencer in an interview with The Verge. “We’re focused on these four games and learning from the experience. We don’t have work going on, on other franchises. But for anybody to stand up and say something’s never going to happen, I think it feels like creating more certainty in a world of gaming where you really want to respond to what customers want and what our players and creators are looking for.”

Poor Guy is lying to himself.

J

Joey Ravn

You say Indiana Jones is coming to PS5 and you kill the Xbox version. Of course they're not going to say they are not exclusive... yet.

I'm not gonna buy a single game from this assholes. My money wasn't good enough for them before, it's not gonna be good enough now that they are desperate for it.