Freedom Wars Remastered - Coming to PS5, PS4, Switch, PC in 2025

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Damn I got excited for a minute thinking it was "Freedom Fighters" getting a remaster 🫠

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Trailer says licensed by Sony Interactive Entertainment meaning they own the IP and agreed to it being multi-platform including PC and Switch day one. I would say expect to see a lot more of this as the months and years progress.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023

Another Sony published game coming to Switch and PC day one, this time It's a long gone PSVita exclusive, published by Sony.

PS will be day n date by the time it’s PS6 & if not 6 month to 1 year if lucky.

Instead of cultivating this audience in PS which can be PS4 & PS5 (when PS desperately needs exclusive first party games instead releases on PC & Switch day 1 nullifying any potential of PS growing in the market especially in Asia) this would be a perfect game to cultivate Japan, Korea & India, Sony really has no hope for PS console 💀

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Damn I got excited for a minute thinking it was "Freedom Fighters" getting a remaster 🫠
Ayo, me too. Lol. But never heard of this game and the box art from Vita version and screenshot has it looking like a Monster Hunter clone.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Trailer says licensed by Sony Interactive Entertainment meaning they own the IP and agreed to it being multi-platform including PC and Switch day one. I would say expect to see a lot more of this as the months and years progress.
I can see the NetEase Destiny mobile game release on mobile & Nintendo day 1 but not on PS or somehow if there smart they get this Destiny mobile game a PS port to get some sort of value at the acquisition. If that Destiny mobile is only mobile that shot dead it should be mobile & PS at the very least.

Also PS should look at hoyoverse & Nintendo regarding mobile games releasing across PS & Mobile or in the case on Nintendo w Pokemon unite across Switch & Mobile

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Lol Sony ports a Japan Studio game to Switch. What are these dense buffoons at Sony HQ thinking? Smh
Lmao wouldn’t put it past that gravity rush remake being day 1 w Nintendo Switch 1 & 2 & PC. Hell I wouldn’t be surprised if media molecule next game is PC & Nintendo Switch day 1 or LBP4 being PC/Switch day 1 💀

• sad
Reactions: Eternal_Wings

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
I can see the NetEase Destiny mobile game release on mobile & Nintendo day 1 but not on PS or somehow if there smart they get this Destiny mobile game a PS port to get some sort of value at the acquisition. If that Destiny mobile is only mobile that shot dead it should be mobile & PS at the very least.

Also PS should look at hoyoverse & Nintendo regarding mobile games releasing across PS & Mobile or in the case on Nintendo w Pokemon unite across Switch & Mobile

Agreed. The future of all three hardware manufacturers is looking very interesting as of now and the only one of the three that will truly stay "old school" will be Nintendo simply because they don't spend the money, never take a loss and always keeps their games at a Disney level.

Reactions: Neversummer

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
is the game even good to get the pitchforks out? Seems like a god eater clone from what I read
It's not a question about being good or bad, it's the fact they are porting an 1st Party IP to their fierce rival in Japan: Nintendo. We didn't even get Baiten Kaitos Remaster on PS despite Bandai Namco owning the franchise!
This also kills the narrative that Sony didn't have a choice for Lego Horizon. This will just help to widen the gap in Japan and strengthen Nintendo. They have lost all sanity. They literally will end PlayStation Japan themselves.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I'VE BEEN BEGGING FOR THIS FOR YEARS YOU FOLKS BETTER NOT SLEEP ON THIS
Its Sony Vita kino

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
is the game even good to get the pitchforks out? Seems like a god eater clone from what I read
It is so much better than God Eater, the combat is a lot smoother and more varied and you get a grapplehook that you can use to spiderman onto buildings or latch onto enemies. The guns are more varied and responsive and feel more like firing actual guns instead of these weird bigger slower almost missile launcher type guns you get in God Eater.

Its also way cooler conceptually like you start out as a prisoner with zero rights. And I mean zero. If you walk, you get penalized. If you attempt to sleep, you get penalized with 5 more years on your sentence. You have to play missions to buy rights to do things as simple as walking around your cell. Why are you in prison for 1 million years in the first place? You lost state property: your memory.

Last edited:

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
sony i love you all is forgiven I have been begging for Freedom Wars to come back and HERE IT IS I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
It's not a question about being good or bad, it's the fact they are porting an 1st Party IP to their fierce rival in Japan: Nintendo. We didn't even get Baiten Kaitos Remaster on PS despite Bandai Namco owning the franchise!
This also kills the narrative that Sony didn't have a choice for Lego Horizon. This will just help to widen the gap in Japan and strengthen Nintendo. They have lost all sanity. They literally will end PlayStation Japan themselves.
Bro they already gave up Japan lol, look at those price hikes. Freedom wars won't dictate the playstation's fortunes in japan.

These idiots gave up on making big games that cater to japan in the PS3 gen itself and since then it has been a death by thousand cuts which culminated in Japan studio getting shut down. This is all self inflicted, the sales of BoTW and Odyssey in Japan should have been a wake up call for them but instead they doubled downed on the shitty west coast game making of Cuckmann and co.

I mentioned in a previous post that some serious soul searching and planning needs to happen for Playstation to make a comeback to PS2 levels but that won't happen in the short or even mid term. They need to plan long term and target the ps7 gen for a comeback in Japan but looking at the people in the C-suite that won't ever happen

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
THERE COULD BE A SEQUEL IF THIS DOES WELL
BUY THIS GAMES YOU GUYS IT IS THE BEST THING SONY HAS EVER MADE OUTSIDE OF APE ESCAPE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
GXt-DqqakAIZx2h

Source: https://www.ign.com/articles/freedo...reserving-the-vita-classic-as-you-remember-it

Edit: AND IT HAS AN ENGLISH DUB NOW

Last edited:

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
A Sony game already announced for 2025 😁

Weird that they gave it away to Bandai and didn't even reveal it themselves on a SOP or something.

Sony probably doesn't want to deal with the cartridges for the Switch version and all that jazz.
Bandai Namco already got their publishing arm worldwide(and a very strong presence in Japan specifically) and they've got a great working relationship with Nintendo.

Edit: Bandai Namco also has a working relationship with Dimps which made the OG and is in charge of this port/remaster.

Lol Sony ports a Japan Studio game to Switch. What are these dense buffoons at Sony HQ thinking? Smh

They want the game to sell.

Week 1 sales:
01./00. [PSV] Freedom Wars <ACT> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2014.06.26} (¥6.264) - 188.888 / NEW <79,73%>

I think it's quite obvious which console a lot of ex-PS Vita owners would be playing on right now.
You have to sell your software where your audience is.

This will just help to widen the gap in Japan and strengthen Nintendo. They have lost all sanity. They literally will end PlayStation Japan themselves.

The battle has already been lost if we're looking at tie ratio for PS5 software in Japan and its only going to get worst over time. Especially with the Switch 2 on the horizon.

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters