Freedom Wars Remastered - Coming to PS5, PS4, Switch, PC in 2025

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
A Sony game already announced for 2025 😁

Weird that they gave it away to Bandai and didn't even reveal it themselves on a SOP or something.
Why would they reveal a PS ip being release on PC & Nintendo day 1 that state of play would be another fiasco like the last 2-3 state of plays w all the PC port 💀

PS threw the white flag in Japan to Nintendo. For me Gravity Rush would essentially confirm that PS is dead not just in Japan as a whole loosing Square & Sega exclusivity while Nintendo receives not just all 3rd party + all Japanese exclusive + Nintendo exclusive, Switch 2 will slaughter PS5 & PS as a whole of its anything past PS4 level. Watching Nintendo do a complete 180 in gaming will be crazy to see from going to solely having first party exclusive on there console to having essentially the entire PS 3rd party library day 1 + the significant investment they’ve done in first party there first party output for Switch 2 will be insane.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
The battle has already been lost if we're looking at tie ratio for PS5 software in Japan and its only going to get worst over time. Especially with the Switch 2 on the horizon.
Love the notion. If you lost or your market share is small in a region where your competitors dominate just give up.

If I was PS I’d be bolstering team Asobi into a multi team studio bringing back ape escape, parrapper, legend of dragoon & many more + acquiring Japanese publisher/studios Square Enix, Capcom, Arc system work, Level 5 etc I’d be grabbing the license of ff, persona & megaman/monster hunter to make spin off at a first party level to make them exclusive like Nintendo has done w bayonetta & platinum games.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
More gameplay footage courtesy of Famitsu! Behold, 4k 60fps edge kino
I love this the Vita game already looked great I'm so glad they didn't mess with its art design much

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The original game was a Dimps IP published by Sony.
I’m not sure why people are saying it is a Sony’s IP.

The remaster is published by Nanco Bandai.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024

Because Sony licensed the IP out to Dimps
"-- The original version was released by Sony Computer Entertainment (now Sony Interactive Entertainment/SIE), but how did it come to be released by Bandai Namco Entertainment this time?
Tsukamoto: After receiving the license from SIE, we decided to create a remastered version, and while we were looking for a publisher, Bandai Namco Entertainment raised their hand."

Reactions: KvallyX

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It's weirdly developed and published by Namco and Dimps.

Dimps is half Namco and half Sony owned.
Well, Dimps developed the game.

Almost 25 years ago Dimp was founded with investment capital from:
  • Sammy (51%): 153 million yen investment
  • Sega (10%): 30M yen
  • Bandai (13%): 39M yen
  • Sony (10%): 30M yen
  • Others (16%)
Nowadays Sega and Sammy are merged, and pretty likely since then Dimps got investment since then from other investors, I have no idea how the stakes are right now, but pretty likely dilluted. Dimps always worked in mostly multiplatform games, Sony getting that small investment didn't mean all their games were going to be console exclusive.

In Japan is common to have a small stake of partner companies, as Sony has from others like Kadokawa. Sony also has investments in western publishers like Epic or Devolver. As an example Nintendo is the top 10 stakeholder in Bandai Namco (the biggest Japanese 3rd party publisher) but only has 1.76% of the shares. Probably Sony is a bit under them. That's just to get some money from their dividends, not enough voting rights to have any impact on the company's strategy.

image.png

Originally Sony had the IP, but gave it to the devs in case -unlike Sony- they wanted to do something with it. Same as happened with the games from Quantic Dream, ThatGameCompany or Giant Sparrow.

At some point looking at the future Sony wasn't interested to do anything else with these IPs, but were a valuable asset for these small studios because to make some ports or something. So Sony gave/sold/licensed it to them in order to allow them to make these ports/remasters that for Sony wouldn't mean anything but would benefit these partners.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryank75

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
What kind of Remaster are they going to put on the Switch?
Well, the Switch version is already confirmed to be 30fps. While they haven't stated resolution, they said its significantly lower resolution than the PS4/PS5/PC versions.
Tbh I'm a little surprised; you're telling me they couldn't get a Vita game to run at 60fps on Switch?