FromSoftware’s next game is already in development, since early 2022

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
1gZ3b44.jpeg

According to Kennet Chan’s LinkedIn profile, FromSoftware started a new unannounced project in January 2022.
Chan has held a senior role within FromSoftware for the past few years. He is in fact producer and co-director of Armored Core 6, as well as project manager of Elden Ring and senior lead designer of Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel. In short, a respectable curriculum.

D

Deleted member 417

Always online 'single player' game thinly designed as an MMO.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Dark Souls is becoming way too iterative the way big franchises do (COD ACreed etc). Sekiro was fresh, but with Elden Ring I had serious Soul fatigue coming off Demon Souls Remake (better game imo - shorter, confined, simple, to the point). Here's to hoping it's something fresh.

Then again the temptation to cash in now that they've hit big more often than not override all common sense. That is, when you disregard cashing in as not being common sense.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Dark Souls is becoming way too iterative the way big franchises do (COD ACreed etc). Sekiro was fresh, but with Elden Ring I had serious Soul fatigue coming off Demon Souls Remake (better game imo - shorter, confined, simple, to the point). Here's to hoping it's something fresh.

Then again the temptation to cash in now that they've hit big more often than not override all common sense. That is, when you disregard cashing in as not being common sense.
I've platted Demon Souls, Bloodborne and put hundreds of hours in each game. When Elden Ring came out the prospect of doing all that in an open world just was not tempting to me, actually was exhausting thinking of it. First Souls game I picked up but didnt finish so I know what you mean. I have to go back to it though.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
That time is better spent beating say... D1, D2, D3 if you haven't yet. Much better games, except maybe D2.

D3 Ringed City having a mini Genishiro/Owl Father fight as the end boss - more brutal even.

Last edited:

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
They'll release the exact same game, this time they'll add double jump option, people will scream "innovative" while ignoring all the jank, bugs, and shitty performance, and give it a 97 score.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
They'll release the exact same game, this time they'll add double jump option, people will scream "innovative" while ignoring all the jank, bugs, and shitty performance, and give it a 97 score.
Elden Ring came 2 years after the phenomenon bluepoint remake with 1/4 polygon count, 1/4 texture resolution, and 1/2 frame rate.
Not only that, but it is not as good as traditional Souls game. It lost the excellent level design, and game pacing.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
If Elden Ring 2, I hope they fix the balancing issues and drop that different timing in attack patterns BS.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Elden Ring came 2 years after the phenomenon bluepoint remake with 1/4 polygon count, 1/4 texture resolution, and 1/2 frame rate.
Not only that, but it is not as good as traditional Souls game. It lost the excellent level design, and game pacing.
Yup, Elden Ring was not a step up for me. I prefer Souls games more semi open worlds but not fully open. First Souls game I didn't finish to completion but I'll go back sometime. Open worlds are just fatiguing me. I also prefer Uncharted to be more linear.

Last edited:

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Yup, Elden Ring was not a step up for me. I prefer Souls games more semi open worlds but not fully open. First Souls game I didn't finish to completion but I'll go back sometime. Open worlds are just fatiguing me. I also prefer Uncharted to be more linear.
Semi open world games are the best. However, they are the most difficult to design. I still think Demon's Souls has the best level design of all souls games.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
I don't particularly like open worlds most of the time but loved Elden Ring. The exploration loop was extremely satisfying

On the other hand it's maybe the least replayable Souls game to me because it's so reliant on that exploration aspect. Once you know the maps it's a lot less exciting to be getting around

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
That or add “pause” and people will go crazy with that next generation feature.

I also think fromSoftware is a bit overrated.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Semi open world games are the best. However, they are the most difficult to design. I still think Demon's Souls has the best level design of all souls games.

I think Last of Us 2 nailed semi open world perfectly, for example, and should be a staple for semi open world games.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: arvfab