FTC Seeks to Block Microsoft Corp.’s Acquisition of Activision Blizzard, Inc.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
The arguments of some of the pro-Xbox guys on Gaf are beyond hilarious.

There is no self-reflection, no pragmatic outlook at what Microsoft is and has been trying to do.

The statements coming out of some of them beggars belief.

There is so much denial.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
The arguments of some of the pro-Xbox guys on Gaf are beyond hilarious.

There is no self-reflection, no pragmatic outlook at what Microsoft is and has been trying to do.

The statements coming out of some of them beggars belief.

There is so much denial.
Most of the green crowd there genuinely seem to think XBox is a wildly successful business venture, which is hilarious. Some of the worst of them seem to think Sony has done the things MS has done, and worse, and yet others would happily cheer on MS owning every publisher as long as it meant they got every game ever made on GamePass.

I've never thought highly of any flavour of MS fan, but XBox fanboys make me feel like puking with the shit they happily swallow and repeat.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Most of the green crowd there genuinely seem to think XBox is a wildly successful business venture, which is hilarious. Some of the worst of them seem to think Sony has done the things MS has done, and worse, and yet others would happily cheer on MS owning every publisher as long as it meant they got every game ever made on GamePass.

I've never thought highly of any flavour of MS fan, but XBox fanboys make me feel like puking with the shit they happily swallow and repeat.
The hardcore ones are like a cult.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
How many Hoeg law therapy sessions will it take for the Xbox crowd to feel okay after this?

How many times will Hoeg act like he 'expected this and it was always going to go to court for concession but it will go through' ....guy is full of shit! LOL
Hey, gotta respect the hustle. There's money to be made off the gullible and ignorant, just tell them what they want to hear and cash in!

I am REALLY getting a kick out of XBox fanboys pissing and moaning about Sony having the Spider-Man exclusive, even after a Marvel exec who made the deal publicly said that the deal was actually offered to MS first, and they turned it down. Also funny that they don't seem to have the same problem with XBox getting an exclusive Indiana Jones game, which could, depending on when the deal between Lucasfilm and Bethesda was done, be an actual case of an exclusive that wasn't supposed to be an exclusive....

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
OMG, Hendrick's over on GAF is actually saying that the CMA and the EU are repeating Sony's lies and the FTC fell for it. Wow. Just.... Fuck. LOL

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Sony bought Bungie, and all content will still be on Xbox
Xbox bought Bethesda, Elders scrolls is now an exclusive.

These games have been on all formats for like years? They are part of a staple diet for gamers across platforms.

To me this statement above kinda points out what Microsoft is doing.

It has to be stopped.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
OMG, Hendrick's over on GAF is actually saying that the CMA and the EU are repeating Sony's lies and the FTC fell for it. Wow. Just.... Fuck. LOL
Well, I can understand the meltdown, lots of the Xbox crowd have put all their eggs in this basket, and today's news really really stings.

bet stick GIF

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Local Xbox guy here.
This was a mistake from the start.

I'm going to go back to playing Midnight Suns and wait for the overhyped awards to start.
I still love you,
#and you better be playing diablo with me when it comes out, none of your i have other friends bullshit lies, like @TubzGaming

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Sony bought Bungie, and all content will still be on Xbox
Xbox bought Bethesda, Elders scrolls is now an exclusive.

These games have been on all formats for like years? They are part of a staple diet for gamers across platforms.

To me this statement above kinda points out what Microsoft is doing.

It has to be stopped.
Let's not forget, Bungie was independent, and Halo was originally unveiled at MacWorld Expo 1999 by Steve Jobs, and was a much more interesting game than yet another FPS. It was also demoed on the PS2 in its original form at an event that year, and MS bought Bungie and made Halo exclusive to XBox, leading to such a rush to port and complete the game that it dropped everything that made it so special and was still only halfway done by the time it went gold, which is why you go through so many of the maps twice in the campaign!

For those who don't know, the original build of Halo was a squad-based hybrid RTS-Third-person shooter, where you could zoom into the viewpoint of controlling a platoon leader directly or zoom out to a battlefield level to issue commands, seamlessly and smoothly. Definitely more revolutionary than what ended up coming out.

• Informative
Reactions: kaluas and Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Let's not forget, Bungie was independent, and Halo was originally unveiled at MacWorld Expo 1999 by Steve Jobs, and was a much more interesting game than yet another FPS. It was also demoed on the PS2 in its original form at an event that year, and MS bought Bungie and made Halo exclusive to XBox, leading to such a rush to port and complete the game that it dropped everything that made it so special and was still only halfway done by the time it went gold, which is why you go through so many of the maps twice in the campaign!

For those who don't know, the original build of Halo was a squad-based hybrid RTS-Third-person shooter, where you could zoom into the viewpoint of controlling a platoon leader directly or zoom out to a battlefield level to issue commands, seamlessly and smoothly. Definitely more revolutionary than what ended up coming out.
I did not know that about Halo, i always thought it was an Xbox game as well.

The Rts bit sounds like a game i used to play on PC a long time ago, Tribes i think it was called.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I did not know that about Halo, i always thought it was an Xbox game as well.

The Rts bit sounds like a game i used to play on PC a long time ago, Tribes i think it was called.
The crazy thing with Halo was that the RTS view allowed you full battlefield control, but zooming into a platoon leader, which was done as a SMOOTH camera sweep and zoom, allowed you direct control of the leader and to give orders to the squad as well, then you could zoom back out, and do the same for another squad if desired. There wasn't anything like it at that time.

Also, the Marathon games were WAY better than the Halo we got, and there's an open source engine called Aleph One that you can play all three on on just about any platform these days.

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw