FTC Seeks to Block Microsoft Corp.’s Acquisition of Activision Blizzard, Inc.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
And Defining Dukes? They even invited Hoeg Law for a therapy session.

"Yes Sony are dicks, it would have been worth it to give MS a gaming industry monopoly just to teach them a lesson."

I just can't listen to that and Cognito with his endless mouth noises.... drives me up the walls.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
WTF is wrong with Long Islanders, anyway? They're seemingly all bigger douchebags than anyone else can be. As if living on the outskirts of Brooklyn is some kind of badge of honour or something.
As someone who currently lives on long yeah I agree lol. So many dckheads out here think they’re are special as if this is a higher plain of existence or something.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
It is completely insane how ignorant of the actual situation so many Xbox fanboys are about the bigger picture, especially those in the media.
That what happens when you base your identity or a corporate product that’s creatively bankrupt. Instead of putting Microsoft to release content and make content they want to see PlayStation lose content. They care more about seeing PlayStation lose than they themselves winning as gamers. It’s the worst kind of tribalism.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Living on Long Island is far better living than fucking Brooklyn :ROFLMAO:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Really just means that dude has the money to afford Nassau and Suffolk county taxes. It’s a flex I guess. Pretty sure that same dude would be crying for mama and home if you dropped him off in downtown Brooklyn.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
You know, I just realized something.

With the UK and EU authorities also not too eager to approve this, the lawsuit might never get to court in the states without the other governments crashing the deal first.

Imagine the screeching from the shills if that were to happen.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Speaking of Xbox whack jobs, I saw cult Eastwood post today that said something like: “Like it or not Microsoft is going to keep buying game studios. You’re going to need buy an Xbox even if you don’t want to.”

It occurred to me that these acquisitions actually are more about punishing PlayStation gamers than it is about propping up Xbox. Cult here is threatening gamers and going to punish them for not drinking Xbox cool aid. It’s interesting to me as well he didn’t bring up Microsoft is going to create great games or something to that effect because he himself doesn’t even believe that.

I know every fandom has its whack jobs but these Xbox super fanboys are genuinely unhinged and what’s borderline dangerous is how Xbox execs feed into their delusions. Like if / when this deal does get blocked I wouldn’t be surprised to see some Xbox guy do something really bad in real life.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Speaking of Xbox whack jobs, I saw cult Eastwood post today that said something like: “Like it or not Microsoft is going to keep buying game studios. You’re going to need buy an Xbox even if you don’t want to.”

It occurred to me that these acquisitions actually are about punishing PlayStation gamers than it is about propping up Xbox. Cult here is threatening gamers and going to punish them for not drinking Xbox cool aid. It’s interesting to me as well he didn’t bring up Microsoft is going to create great games or something to that effect because he himself doesn’t even believe that.

lol punishing? it's just Call of Duty man...
Sony literally has the best of the best, if anything Sony is punishing Xbox by having the better exclusives!

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
It occurred to me that these acquisitions actually are more about punishing PlayStation gamers than it is about propping up Xbox. Cult here is threatening gamers and going to punish them for not drinking Xbox cool aid. It’s interesting to me as well he didn’t bring up Microsoft is going to create great games or something to that effect because he himself doesn’t even believe that.
Of course, that much was obvious. Xbox gamers gained literally nothing from these publisher buyouts.

Just look at the outcome of Zenimax. All of the Bethesda games were going to be released on xbox anyway. Now all Bethesda franchises are going to be removed from playstation forever.

And I call bullshit on anyone claiming that the buyout was necessary to bring any of those games to gamepass, because MS could easily compensate Bethesda for any lost sales, and for a tiny fraction of the 8 billion dollars.

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
lol punishing? it's just Call of Duty man...
Sony literally has the best of the best, if anything Sony is punishing Xbox by having the better exclusives!
No. He's talking about their relationship with customers. And the two companies couldn't be any more different.

Sony works hard at making appealing first party exclusives to get people interested in their product. They try to make it so quality justifies the asking price.

Microsoft buys out third parties to starve the competition of content and coerce people into being forced to buy into their product. They want to make sure that lack of choice drives people into their ecosystem.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
MLex (paywalled article) asked EC about it, and what the EC replied matches with what the FTC said and with MS said to the EC regarding Zenimax since the FTC never claimed that MS made a 'commitment' (so MLex probably added that word) about not releasing exclusive games, but instead MS explained -whitout signing or promising anything- to them why it would make more sense to keep the Zenimax games on rival consoles, and EC approved the deal because considered that (this part follows in the doc. after what's screenshotted) even if MS would make all games exclusive it wouldn't have a meaningful impact enough in the market to cause competition concerns:

Where is this article?

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Speaking of Xbox whack jobs, I saw cult Eastwood post today that said something like: “Like it or not Microsoft is going to keep buying game studios. You’re going to need buy an Xbox even if you don’t want to.

I know every fandom has its whack jobs but these Xbox super fanboys are genuinely unhinged and what’s borderline dangerous is how Xbox execs feed into their delusions. Like if / when this deal does get blocked I wouldn’t be surprised to see some Xbox guy do something really bad in real life.
Yeah, its religion to some, especially some of them. Their way of thinking is "worship MY god or we cut your head off".

Reminds me of why i stopped watching boxing years ago, filled with siko fans.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Amazing how this MLEX website no ones every heard suddenly appears with its unverified sources making claims that gives only xbox fanboys hope. Oh and its behind a paywall as well.
It definitely shows what a cult the hardcore green team peeps are, latching onto an unsubstantiated report from a 0-profile site just because what it says makes them feel better about the chances of the deal clearing are.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster