Fumihiko Yasuda: "Rise of the Ronin is currently the best-selling Koei Tecmo title so far."

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Nice, it held on very well on the charts for a few weeks in japan aswell.

Gonna start it very soon.

You know the haters who wanted this to fail because of it being a ps5 exclusive are like this right now.

angry-fist-angry-fist-arthur.gif

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
ROTR has been above, check notes, DD2 on every PSN store 2 weeks after both of them launched. The amount of astroturfing done for DD2 and hatred spewed on ronin for the audacity of being a PS 5 exclusive. All hail gaming media 2024 especially now that IGN owns all of it.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
There was also a topic in the earnings announcement that the start of the game was stronger than that of "Nioh".

Mr. Yasuda:
Ronin" is currently the best-selling Koei Tecmo title so far.

That is good news, @Gediminas played it all, how did you rate it?

Reactions: Eternal_Wings
OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Rise of the Ronin is peak Team Ninja. Epic art style and the OST is fine af. Combat though is a new level of satisfaction. Team Ninja did evolve with RotR. My favorite TN game of all time.
Also the NPCs are wholesome. Open World is not generic. It's handcrafted passion.

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I enjoy this game quite a bit. It’s not stellar or anything but it’s also … I guess you could call it comfort food? Great combat keeps you coming back to sink an hour or two here and there.

About 45-50 hours in. I’ll finish it this year I think heh

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Rise of the Ronin is peak Team Ninja. Epic art style and the OST is fine af. Combat though is a new level of satisfaction. Team Ninja did evolve with RotR. My favorite TN game of all time.
Also the NPCs are wholesome. Open World is not generic. It's handcrafted passion.

But they need to update their engine. It is so obsolete

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Despite all the mocking and unfair reviews, Rise of the Ronin is constantly higher than Dragons Dogma 2 on PSN, even before it was on sale for Days of Plays. Gamers are very positive about it. The game is awesome 😁

where are all you haters that said Sony was dumb for letting this game launch close to Dragons Dogma 2?
It was still a bad decision. The rivalry between both games is still going. Ronin didn't need that. It should shine on its own.

Last edited:

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Good for them. I still haven't bought it but will one day 🤔

Happy for Team Ninja, hopefully they can get a better budget for the next game.