Future narratives from the year 2029....

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I just came back from the future (2029)....and this is what people in the gaming community are saying.

I miss Xbox

Xbox was always great, but evil Sony aggressively used their position as market leader to create monopoly.

Sony forced Sega and Xbox to leave the console space through exploitative business practices and unfair tactics. They need to be investigated.

Xbox was always better than PlayStation, it's just that Sony had the entire media in their pockets.

Sony should really considering hiring Phil Spencer if they want PlayStation to be as great as Xbox once was.

2001-2027 was the golden age of gaming thanks to Xbox, now without them, gaming has gone down hill.

GamePass was extremely ahead of it's time, I really miss it.

Why do I have to pay for games now? 😢

2b8f8037e43e8e15ced200d8accda2ed.jpg

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Xbox was consumer friendly from the start, Sony pushed for micro transactions and paid online while Xbox just wanted everybody to be able to play games.

Xbox always had the best exclusives while Sony was only focused on taking games away from Xbox.

Sony used it's size to bully Xbox.

Last edited:

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Cloud :ROFLMAO:

Who is going to play over the cloud? What is stopping people from using xCloud? They don't have $15?
I agree, and xCloud is particularly bad. But Geforce Now is pretty amazing. It seems inevitable that some big tech player will eventually put the right building blocks together. Could even be Sony.

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Xbox was consumer friendly from the start, Sony pushed for micro transactions and paid online while Xbox just wanted everybody to be able to play games.

Xbox always had the best exclusives while Sony was only focused on taking games away from Xbox.

Sony used it's size to bully Xbox.
Its sad that I can actually see this kind of revisionist history happening

I agree, and xCloud is particularly bad. But Geforce Now is pretty amazing. It seems inevitable that some big tech player will eventually put the right building blocks together. Could even be Sony.
Idk, Stadia worked really well, it was cheap, and it still died 🤷‍♂️ I've heard great things about GFN, but I've no idea if it's actually successful or not. I doubt it though, $20 a month is a bit much to ask just for a cloud service. The free tier is only limited to 1 hour and always has a queue and not as stable as the paid tier.

When AAA games are still selling 50% or more physically I don't think cloud is coming anytime soon. Plus casuals don't want to play Warzone or Fortnite on the cloud.

Reactions: Gamernyc78