Game Awards just highlights this industry needs to grow up

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
Gameawards are completely washed

I mean the biggest applause and announcing of the night was a God of War Free Dlc lol

PS showcase would have been better then this shit when you take all the announcements that were given to Geoff and put it in that instead

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It’s a bought and paid for trailer showcase. It’s very obvious and that’s what I expect. The awards themselves are the clearly the least important part. All the time is dedicated to trailers and ads.

I mean… I was entertained. Cool with it.

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
I disagree. Much rather see some trailers for upcoming gamea than celebs wank eachother off like movies and music awards

• Peachy
Reactions: Zzero and Box

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Certainly some of the industry needs to...example;

That dick sucker just mad he could not play it on gamepass.
Also, Kojima gets too much circle jerking when folks are around him and lately the dude have been off his A game.
His better days are behind him.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Diah and Jim Ryan

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Not only that but the voting committee needs an overhaul In how they vote. They aren't voting what deserves it but what they like instead.
I think the awards were very deserved.

Maybe I should say Forza didn't but that was very personal because in it category neither of the games was a highlight... so even Forza is probably fine.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
It’s built by and for old media so yeah, they love praising Kojima, they love ads, they adore celebrity attention. It’s a dinosaur’s show.

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
So I see Hoeg Law has gone completely mask off with the PlayStation hate and Xbox fanboyism. Fuck him, just ignore his tweets.

Most of his tweets are bait or inflammatory fanboy tweets bashing PlayStation.

Dunno why Colin and Last Stand bother with him, he drags down their reputation.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022

He needs to be worried about his weight and that heart thats about to explode instead of worrying about PS stans.

Last edited:

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Forcing the people who made the best games of the year to STFU and get out after receiving an award and giving awards to very important categories with no presenter or lead is an insult.

The whole show could be 1 - 1.5 hours of celebrating game creators, but for some reason, Geoff thinks we need to see countless celebrities who probably don't know where they are paraded in front of us.

Plus, whoever votes on the game winners needs to retire.

Reactions: Zzero

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

Pretty much everyone posting in favor of that deal have shown themselves to be massively biased fanboys.

Reactions: Diah

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Game Awards has always been an overhyped commercial. If anything it's getting better now that E3 is gone and Keighley has built up clout. I don't know if it's possible to get the big room, the high production values, etc and also be a celebration of Games As Art. This tension exists at all level of our culture.

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I think there's a right balance to hit.

This year has been more "entertainment inclined" rather than "awards inclined", I'd say.

The problem they have is that game devs are awkward public speakers or totally cringy. For example, every actual actor who presented was great on stage, and then you have that Unseen dev being weird, Kojima saying nothing interesting and using a translator.

Geoff wants eye balls and this seems to be the only way. As great as "celebrating the art form" is, viewership would totally crumble if they let the devs go on and on.

I also don't want too much pretentiousness and self-congratulations.

Get the award, say your very brief thanks and move on.

Last edited:

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
instead of a celebration of all the games that came out this year and all the hard-working talent that made those games possible, we got a parade of consumerism.

ad after ad and anytime an actual award is being given, the people are rushed off the stage. meanwhile, kojima gets 10 minutes to talk a whole lot of nothing.

i get you need to pay for your show, but the entire thing is kind of an insult to games as an art form.
I mean if you look at the guy who runs it majes complete sense. That guy doesn't have respect for anything that doesn't fill his wallet.

24 Jun 2022
that dude has gone full on mask-off sony-hating since the abk merger closed. he has family working at abk so he might have some sort of skin in the game now.

full on clown takes include dumping on insomniac for messing up the cuban flag, saying that playstation first party studios are everything wrong with game industry writing, saying that people should rethink their purchasing on sony platforms since they "don't have their licensing house in order" after the debacle with disney pulling its products from playstation (this is a common problem across the industry and a direct consequence of intellectual property laws that Hoeg has personally defended and championed in the past), also unabashed praise for starfield (which is a mediocre game) and a marked disinterest in any games that aren't microsoft. He claims to like rpgs yet hasn't played the best RPG in a decade+ in baldur's gate.

On some level Richard Hoeg has turned into a closeted Florian Mueller, maybe a little more composed and less insane-sounding, but equally as insidious and intellectually dishonest.

Ah so he's as compromised as Judge Corley? Nice to know. Puts his content into perspective. Colin Moriarty should not entertain this clown on his show anymore because he'll never show up to discuss in good faith and guys like Colin don't seem to have the desire to genuinely challenge them on their fanboyism.

I'll be having fun pestering him on Twitter until he blocks me.