Game Informer Cover Reveal - God of War: Ragnarok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Captured a screenshot from a YouTube video, so ignore the low res and compression, but hot daaaa-aaaamnnnn.

This looks like that PS5 UE5 Tech Demo.

Screen-Shot-2022-08-31-at-8-53-51-AM.jpg

Reactions: laynelane

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
I hope the new game uses my old save so I can keep my abilities and weapons from the first game. I spent hours updating the valkyrie armor and maxing out my axe and blades. I shouldn't have to start out as a bum again. Besides how can I fight Thor and Odin if I'm back to being weak again?
"Looks like DLC 😔"

But also

"I hope I get to transfer over my armor and maxed out weapons"

DarkMage619

Verified Gamepass Reseller
15 Jul 2022
David Jaffe one of the major creative minds behind the franchise said the same thing. It's not an insult no one is saying the game is going to be bad. Relax. I'm going to buy it like many other people.

God of War Ragnarok is NOT a DLC. Come on man.

I don't think that there should be an option to carry over your items if you have the save file. Instead, they should just give you the major skills from 2018 when starting Ragnarok.
I said DLC vibes. There are some reused animations and other assets. That again doesn't mean the game will be bad. I thoroughly enjoyed the last game.

We can agree to disagree on carrying over previous gear. I'd like a new game + option for the new game with added difficulty to account for the last games' gear and skills. It would add a lot to the sense of continuntiy.

P

peter42O

I said DLC vibes. There are some reused animations and other assets. That again doesn't mean the game will be bad. I thoroughly enjoyed the last game.

We can agree to disagree on carrying over previous gear. I'd like a new game + option for the new game with added difficulty to account for the last games' gear and skills. It would add a lot to the sense of continuntiy.

Every development studio reuses animations and pretty much anything they can as long as it fits. I don't personally see this as a big deal since it exists in nearly every game. GOW 2018 was my 2018 goty and my 2nd best game of last generation. Considering what 2022 is for me personally, im expecting Ragnarok to end up being my game of the year.

I don't disagree in regards to carrying over skills and gear if it makes sense and is important like the chains for example. The major stuff should automatically be in Ragnarok but im not expecting this for the most part. If stuff were to carry over, I think it should be determined by the studio as they may not want the player to be overpowered and whatnot from the start. Either way, I don't think that a game save file should be required. Either the studio gives you certain things that carry over or they just don't. It shouldn't be determined by a game save file in my opinion.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
David Jaffe one of the major creative minds behind the franchise said the same thing. It's not an insult no one is saying the game is going to be bad. Relax. I'm going to buy it like many other people.

DLC vibes hahaha what a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.