Games are Not Services, Never Have & Never will be

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
They're products and we will treat them as such. Steam,GOG,PSN,eShop and XBL are services and we buy products from these services like games for example.

I really hate how companies like Microsoft are trying to manipulate people into thinking games are now a service. We shouldn't have to agree to a EULA before playing a single player game we just bought (EULAs have no legal basis outside of America anyways).

"You will own nothing, and be happy"

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Sure, Games as a Service aren't services. They are pink horses. They should rename them to GaaPH (Games as a Pink Horse).

• haha
Reactions: panda-zebra

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Very romantic, but unfortunately many have become repeat eco systems upon themselves

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Sure, Games as a Service aren't services. They are pink horses. They should rename them to GaaPH (Games as a Pink Horse).

A single player game isn't a service so I shouldn't have to sign a EULA, which btw wouldn't even be upheld in any courtroom.

Sunrise Ninja

5 Feb 2024
This is why I have no issue in pirating games, digital games are just a licence you don't actually own anything your really just renting them and if they want to take away that licence they can at anytime. The constant online "check ins" is bullshit.

And with Mr "you will own nothing and be happy" he's in cahoots with vaccine Bill who is Microsoft who are helping push forward and promote their dream, that's why with what Phil Spencer is doing at xbox is not surprising, it kinda makes sense.

Reactions: Box
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
This is why I have no issue in pirating games, digital games are just a licence you don't actually own anything your really just renting them and if they want to take away that licence they can at anytime. The constant online "check ins" is bullshit.

And with Mr "you will own nothing and be happy" he's in cahoots with vaccine Bill who is Microsoft who are helping push forward and promote their dream, that's why with what Phil Spencer is doing at xbox is not surprising, it kinda makes sense.

Bill Gates is also on the Epstein flight list as a frequent flyer, he was also accused of sexual harassment by numerous staff members and this is cited as one of the reasons why Melinda divorced him.

No wonder Microsoft bought Activision!

Reactions: Sunrise Ninja

Sunrise Ninja

5 Feb 2024
Bill Gates is also on the Epstein flight list as a frequent flyer, he was also accused of sexual harassment by numerous staff members and this is cited as one of the reasons why Melinda divorced him.

No wonder Microsoft bought Activision!
Its a deep conversation but when you come to the realisation that they worship Moloch and ba'al and what that entails.

Dev Patel Indian GIF by Identity

It's a conversation too deep for a video game forum.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
What is funny is that back in the PlayStation Now days Sony actually had the right idea. Rentals was a good non disruptive option to offer.

Xbox is guy are either impressively clueless or they set out to intentionally crash the traditional gaming market.

This is why I have no issue in pirating games
Let me guess, you are a PC player... :ROFLMAO:

It be like this every time, piracy is a massive problem on PC. Only dumb publisher like Sony willingly expose their own single player games to PC pirates.