GamesIndustry.biz reports Nintendo are "deep in conversation" with three studios to license out IP

Arc

5 Sep 2023
Next Level proved they had the stuff with their Punchout reboot for sure. Yeah, Metroid Dread from Mercury Steam worked out too. I liked them both a bunch and as a big fan of both I was happy.

But this sounds like third party publisher partnerships vs finding devs … more along the lines of what they do with Koei tecmo, square, and ubi.

The thing is … I didn’t even hate Assault. Heh.. great version of the star wolf theme in that one too.
Going back to the OP, it’s all guesswork right now, but supposedly it’s independent developers. Which I find intriguing.

Arc

5 Sep 2023
I'm personally thinking even older stuff like Legend of Dragoon, Parappa the Rapper, Siren, etc. Maybe even have an indie jak and daxter.

Sure, some fun (mid tier stuff in terms of budget) would do very well if fun and competent.

This would honestly be really fun. Imagine if something like Spider-Man 2 was surrounded by a few smaller, but still really enjoyable games.

The chances of Naughty Dog picking up Jak and Daxter again are a flat zero, so why not find a talented developer to pick up the reigns?

Reactions: Gamernyc78