Gamespot TV Playstation 2 Launch Special

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Back at this time, I can't remember watching any of these things but I did know when PS2 was launching and it was the first console I saved for and bought myself.

I remember going from store to store to see who had the best deal. Even Brown Thomas were selling them here, they stopped selling electronics long ago now but they are known as a high end clothes store...

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I actually wanted to post a PS2 appreciation thread, so I was glad to see this post pop up!

PS2 was fantastic, I preferred Gamecube as a console but PS2 had the games.... just an incredible library of unmissable GOATS.

Specific games that I played endlessly, were MGS 2 and 3, GT3, Tekken 4 and 5.

Of course I had a big enough library of games but those were games I kept coming back to.

I got the console with Tekken Tag and couldn't save till I got a memory card....so I often left the console on for a few days in a row.

• Heart
Reactions: teezzy

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Looking to get banned again, eh? 😠

Im a professional speed runner
looney tunes heart GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

but no not Interested in another ban.

Last edited:
  • thinking_hard
  • Surprised
Reactions: teezzy and Bryank75
OP
OP
teezzy

teezzy

6 Sep 2022
I actually wanted to post a PS2 appreciation thread, so I was glad to see this post pop up!

PS2 was fantastic, I preferred Gamecube as a console but PS2 had the games.... just an incredible library of unmissable GOATS.

Specific games that I played endlessly, were MGS 2 and 3, GT3, Tekken 4 and 5.

Of course I had a big enough library of games but those were games I kept coming back to.

I got the console with Tekken Tag and couldn't save till I got a memory card....so I often left the console on for a few days in a row.

Yeah 6th gen is still my favorite gaming era by a mile. Was the first gen i ended up owning all three consoles. Ended up hoarding the games when 7th gen rolled around and nobody wanted em any longer and they were all dirt cheap

Still have my PS2, OG Xbox and homebrewed Wii hooked up to a 32" Trinitron in my house. Its awesome 👌

• Shake
Reactions: Bryank75