GameStop Manager Confirms Layoffs and No One Comes In Anymore

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Just curious, has anyone actually seen his supposed Youtube channel?

edit: Oh, its in his user description, okay.
edit2: I am not impressed.
His youtube channel is very small (less than 700 views for his Hogwarts Legacy review) so you would think he could keep a nice public image for publicity but instead he's banned everywhere 😆

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
His youtube channel is very small (less than 700 views for his Hogwarts Legacy review) so you would think he could keep a nice public image for publicity but instead he's banned everywhere 😆
I don't want to say too much because I frown on dogpiling people while they are banned and can't shoot back but yeah clickbait central, no deep dives on anything...

insider.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
may daughter who is 16 have a yotube channel of his mascot,she post once a month and just for fun,she got 18.000 views on any of them,imagine being called a industry veteran with pompous ego and these numbers...its sad

Reactions: Gods&Monsters
D

Deleted member 417

I can feel the celebration and 'I told you so' radiating from the OP

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
You're going to be dead some day, I guess that means you're "done" now, according to your logic. Only difference is unlike Dr. Bass I don't see physical ever going away completely. Its in Nintendo's interests to keep it around to sell to parents/others buying games as gifts, and as a free form of advertising (Walmart has a big wall of games up not far from the food section and the tv and computer section.) And then there's the specialty collectors, who are their own form of whales, just as viable as appealing to that one retard who spends thousands on FIFA while everybody looks at him with disgust.
In terms of parents giving gifts for Nintendo systems, they already do this via their digital gift cards. I've bought several games for family kids using those cards. They open a box, get the card with the code, enter it and download it. So they get something to open as a gift, AND they get a digital game so don't have to worry about losing those little carts.

Still completely possible to have gifts.

Physical will almost surely go away for consoles in the next decade. You can't get physical on PC anymore. Console makers would totally prefer digital only to get rid of the used market.

I could be wrong of course, but if I had to bet money, I would bet on the next consoles being digital only.

Reactions: Summer Nightmares

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
This has less to do with physical going away and more to do with people being lazier and doing more online shopping. I haven't been to a gamestop physical store in years but I've shopped for discs on their website several times. Malls are dying but no one says physical retail is dying, just all the business is going to amazon.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Physical isn’t going away.

Just people have learnt to buy physical games online during the pandemic.

More convenient and usually cheaper.

I buy all my games physical and the only store I go into is CEX for Retro games or when trading in games I have played.

All new physical games purchased online.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I buy all my games physical and the only store I go into is CEX for Retro games or when trading in games I have played.
Lol I did my work experience at CEX and then my friend worked there so we got up to alot there. We ended up doing mini competitions for WWE No Mercy/ WcWRevenge etc, Virtua Tennis, Smash, Tekken Tag 2, Capcom fighters etc. Lots of import games and consoles which is what it was mainly known for in our area.

I remember buying my Dreamcast import from there, Smash Bros N64 costing me £80 ( it was kinda a mystery and not many copies in UK, we played it in black & white at home because of crt lol ) Witnessing and playing the glory of DMC demo in the Onimusha japaneseimport lol. And loads more.
We played and got so many import classics that werent classics yet, GT, Resident Evil 2, MGS, DMC, Smash etc etc. Good times haha

• fire
Reactions: Muddasar

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
In terms of parents giving gifts for Nintendo systems, they already do this via their digital gift cards. I've bought several games for family kids using those cards. They open a box, get the card with the code, enter it and download it. So they get something to open as a gift, AND they get a digital game so don't have to worry about losing those little carts.
You're also into games enough to be on this forum. There's a big difference between you and the average clueless parent.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Lol I did my work experience at CEX and then my friend worked there so we got up to alot there. We ended up doing mini competitions for WWE No Mercy/ WcWRevenge etc, Virtua Tennis, Smash, Tekken Tag 2, Capcom fighters etc. Lots of import games and consoles which is what it was mainly known for in our area.

I remember buying my Dreamcast import from there, Smash Bros N64 costing me £80 ( it was kinda a mystery and not many copies in UK, we played it in black & white at home because of crt lol ) Witnessing and playing the glory of DMC demo in the Onimusha japaneseimport lol. And loads more.
We played and got so many import classics that werent classics yet, GT, Resident Evil 2, MGS, DMC, Smash etc etc. Good times haha

Ah those were the days.

Unfortunately CEX have stopped doing imports.

Remember getting FF8 and FF9 US imports from there.

Released earlier and were 60hz.

• Shake
Reactions: Kokoloko

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Just got back from the mall, which included GameStop and an accompanying visit to pricecharting to see if they were trying to fuck me. Yeah, not a single deal to be found in their Switch used section, at best prices were equal with GS not requiring shipping. This is why people don't come in anymore, manager. Maybe you should haircut used prices by even two or three bucks per title.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muddasar