GameStop reportedly cancels all in-store Resident Evil 4 collector’s edition orders

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
FqpOS0LaUAAjsI2-1920x1267.jpg

First highlighted by Twitter user Wario64, GameStop employees reportedly received a memo informing them that physical stores would not be receiving the collector’s editions and that orders were to be canceled, or exchanges offered.

Online orders are reportedly unaffected by this issue. GameStop is yet to comment.

sauce:

OP
OP
Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
One less reason to go there, then.

For some people it's the only option. Ireland, for example, you have Gamestop and Smyths, with the later not always having collectors editions.

OP
OP
Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Amazon. Ebay. (Walmart/Tesco.)

Amazon you have various EU ones, but they don't usually have collectors editions. Tesco doesn't even sell games bar a couple of oldies here and there. Ebay is 100% scalpers. Walmart doesn't exist in Ireland.

So... Back to my original statement.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Amazon you have various EU ones, but they don't usually have collectors editions. Tesco doesn't even sell games bar a couple of oldies here and there. Ebay is 100% scalpers. Walmart doesn't exist in Ireland.

I thought Tesco was Walmart. Turns out that it was Asda instead, before they sold most of it last year. And apparently it didn't have ops in Ireland anyway. Well then, guess you're buying through Gamestop's online store if you want your PVC figurine.

Reactions: Deleted member 417
OP
OP
Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I thought Tesco was Walmart. Turns out that it was Asda instead, before they sold most of it last year. And apparently it didn't have ops in Ireland anyway. Well then, guess you're buying through Gamestop's online store if you want your PVC figurine.

Yeah. It just sucks for those that don't want to avail to online purchases or pre-ordered in store. We have less and less choice.

Darkknight2149

18 Dec 2022
She'ol
discord.com
I'm curious how this will fare against the original. Capcom has been on a roll since Resident Evil 7.

With them running out of mainline Resident Evil games to remake, hopefully we get the coveted Dino Crisis reboot in the near future.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022

They do if Ireland has ASDA