Gaming Heads, with an open letter on the cancellation of all PS merchandise going forward (Gaming Heads on X)

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
There's surely more to this than meets the eye.
No, everything is exactly as it seem, otherwise you are a conspiracy theorist and these are the worse people in the world!
Always Sunny Reaction GIF

24 Jun 2022
I mean you can't blame playstation just for this. Gamingheads has a bad track record that's getting worse.

Yeah but to cancel with no announcement for a replacement is how they let things like this hurt them optics-wise. ALWAYS have a contingency plan and ALWAYS make sure it's ready to go at or near when the current plan goes south. It's Strategy 101.

Wasn't this supposed to be a day for ND to celebrate with fans and do merchandise stuff? So not only no new info on any of their games, but now less merchandise? That looks like a fat L to me.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I'd understand that Sony could stop working with them for whatever reason (I have no idea who they are, I assume some USA only partner) and move to other partners going forward, and to stop selling more products with them.

But for the products already sold, they should be shipped. If not they should be refunded and if not sued. If this is true (it's possible, I don't see why these Gaminghead folks would made up such thing unless Gaminghead would be making PS merchandise without Sony's permission, which I assume isn't the case) whoever decided to destroy even the stuff already produced or even ordered should be fired.

They should be allowed to sell whatever they have in stock or in production, specially bought stuff.

I've never heard of them. What's the story behind this and Playstation?
I don't know, but there are some interesting replies in the tweet, including these that appear in the top 3:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Zzero

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
I've never heard of them. What's the story behind this and Playstation?
They're a third party that makes statues and collectors items of different franchises. They put items that they are planning to make in this case Playstation merch Kratos, Ellie etc etc up for preoder and essentially take your money and put on a waiting list for the item. Here's the main problem there is no eta on when an item will be finished or even started. I've talked to people that have pre-ordered and paid for items back in 2016 and still haven't received them. The customer service is apparently really bad.
On another note people are saying playstation needs to give them their money back since they paid for the items on gamingheads it's the other way around the 3rd party who took the money has to return it.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I'd understand that Sony could stop working with them for whatever reason (I have no idea who they are, I assume some USA only partner) and move to other partners going forward, and to stop selling more products with them.

But for the products already sold, they should be shipped. If not they should be refunded and if not sued. If this is true (it's possible, I don't see why these Gaminghead folks would made up such thing unless Gaminghead would be making PS merchandise without Sony's permission, which I assume isn't the case) whoever decided to destroy even the stuff already produced or even ordered should be fired.

They should be allowed to sell whatever they have in stock or in production, specially bought stuff.

I don't know, but there are some interesting replies in the tweet, including these that appear in the top 3:

Well, that explains the whole "the clients already paid for these" situation, some people probably got to Sony and complained they never got their Abby statues and Sony decided they could not be associated with these people.

Why can't they ship their statues? I bet it's the raw materials supplier's fault.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly